10,001+ employees · IT Services and IT Consulting
About the job
The focus of your role:
You will be working in full stack, close-knit teams developing and delivering some of the most innovative software solutions available for our clients using Cloud Native technologies. You'll work in a cloud-first environment, with a strong focus on microservices, containerisation and serverless technologies, seeing them through from idea and into production. With a demonstrable agile mind-set and Devops / automation first approach, you'll have ample opportunity to illustrate your love of development and passion for technology.
What you'll do:
- Working as part of a development team to help drive best best practices such as version control CI/CD and pipelines, testing practices.
- Support services from initial prototype and into live, making sure software is robust, reliable and supportable using observability tools, dashboards and profiling tools.
- Maintain services by measuring and monitoring availability, latency, errors, deployment frequency, traffic and overall system health. Designing solutions and planning work to continuously improve the system.
- Scale systems through mechanisms like automation and evolve systems by pushing for changes that improve reliability and release velocity.
- Keep up to date with the latest Open source and cloud trends, making suggestions of how to utilise the latest cloud native technologies to deliver value to customers.
What you'll bring:
- For you, writing software that defines cloud infrastructure will be as natural as writing software for applications and you'll bring the same skills and attitude to bear, using test-first thinking to create high-quality code regardless of the underlying technology
- Experience of containerisation using Docker or Kubernetes
We're also using the following technologies and patterns, it would be great if you had some of the skills, if not we can help develop them:
- Designing microservice-based architectures using domain driven design (DDD). CQRS and Event Sourcing patterns
- Hold a certification from AWS, Azure or Openshift
- JIRA / Confluence