1,001-5,000 employees · Software Development
About the job
We’re at the forefront of the data revolution, committed to building the world’s greatest data and applications platform. Our ‘get it done’ culture allows everyone at Snowflake to have an equal opportunity to innovate on new ideas, create work with a lasting impact, and excel in a culture of collaboration.
Snowflake Support is committed to providing high-quality resolutions to help deliver data-driven business insights and results. We are a team of subject matter experts collectively working toward our customers’ success. We form partnerships with customers by listening, learning and building connections.
Snowflake’s values are key to our approach and success in delivering world class Support. Putting customers first, acting with integrity, owning initiative and accountability and getting it done are Snowflake core values and are reflected in everything we do.
Snowflake’s Support team is expanding! We are looking for a Cloud Support Engineer who likes working with data and solving a wide variety of issues utilizing their technical experience having worked on a variety of operating systems, database technologies, big data, data integration, connectors, and networking.
As a Cloud Support Engineer - Database Security and Authentication Management, your role is to delight our customers with your passion and knowledge of the Snowflake Cloud Data Platform. Customers will look to you for technical guidance and for advice in addressing their product usage and issue needs. You will be the voice of the customer into Snowflake’s product and engineering teams for product feedback and improvements. You will play an integral role in building knowledge within the team and be part of strategic initiatives for organizational and process improvements. Ideally, you have worked in a 24x7 environment, handled all tiers of support issues, been on-call during weekends, and are familiar with Salesforce Service cloud.
Based on business needs, you may be assigned to work with one or more Snowflake Priority Support customers. You will develop a strong understanding of the customer’s use case and how they leverage the Snowflake platform. You will deliver exceptional service, enabling them to achieve the highest levels of continuity and performance from their Snowflake implementation.
- Provide email, web, and phone support to Snowflake customers and partners
- Utilize Snowflake environment, connectors, 3rd party partner software, and tools to investigate issues
- Document known solutions to internal and external knowledge base
- Submit well-documented bugs and feature requests arising from customer submitted requests
- Participate in weekend support rotation
- Work on technical and non-technical projects
Our ideal Cloud Support Engineer - Database Security and Authentication Management will have:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science or equivalent discipline
- 1+ years experience in a Technical Support environment or a similar technical function in a customer facing role
- A good understanding of the technical fundamentals of Information Security
- Experience working with web security, networking technologies and protocols such as TCP/IP, HTTP/HTTPS, DNS, load balancers, proxies and firewalls.
- Experience writing, troubleshooting, and SQL queries
- Good understanding of public cloud providers like AWS, Azure and GCP
- Ability to troubleshoot variety of operating systems like Windows, Mac, *Nix
- Ability to troubleshoot database connectivity issues using variety of diagnostic tools and methods (client software, drivers/connector, etc)
- Basic understanding of SQL Python, Java
- Excellent writing and communication skills in English with an attention to detail
- Strong teaming skills in a highly collaborative environment and the ability to function in global arenas
- Experience in some of the following areas:
- IAM Role Based Access Controls (RBAC)
- Cloud authentication/access policies
- Public Key Infrastructure (PKI), X.509 certificates, SSL/TLS
- AWS Key Management Service, MSFT Key Vault, GCP KMS
- Identity provider experience (Okta, PingFederate, OneLogin, ADFS, Azure AD, etc.)
- AWS PrivateLink, Azure Private Link, GCP private access
Nice to haves:
- Understanding of cloud computing concepts deploying IAM systems and modules in production environments
- Experience in troubleshooting platforms that support marketplace functions
- Experience in troubleshooting front-end UI applications
- Experience with IT security, cyber security, critical infrastructure and enterprise risk
- Understanding of data warehouse fundamentals and concepts
- Understanding broader cloud security technologies such as endpoint security, NextGen FW, SIEM, WAF
- SCIM provisioning and Rest API Calls (e.g. Post, Get, Patch, etc.)
- Experience with data governance - tokenization and encryption
Snowflake is growing fast, and we’re scaling our team to help enable and accelerate our growth. We are looking for people who share our values, challenge ordinary thinking, and push the pace of innovation while building a future for themselves and Snowflake.