CORE GLOBAL PLATFORMS SOLUTION DESIGNER
5,001-10,000 employees · Financial Services
About the job
EQ is a leading international provider of shareholder, pension, remediation and credit technology. With over 5,000 employees, it supports 37 Million people in 120 countries. EQ’s purpose is to care for every customer and simplify every transaction, delivered with less of an impact on the environment.
EQ’s vision is to be the leading global share registrar, offering complementary services to its client base.
The Solution Designer is focused on the delivery of software solutions across the organisations core global platforms (internal and web facing), to support our growing portfolio of work. Working as part of wider delivery/project team you will be responsible for understanding business requirements and then estimating and shaping software solutions to deliver them.
Group IT at Equiniti underpins all Equiniti Group functions across all business divisions. We build, maintain and support mission critical internal and customer-facing software solutions and infrastructure for wide-ranging products and services across the Equiniti Group.
This is exciting opportunity to join an expanding and dynamic software delivery team within the Equiniti Group’s Shared IT department – Equiniti Technology Solutions.
Core Duties / Responsibilities
The core activities of the Solution Design team are:
- Interpret and support the elaboration of business requirements.
- Devise and design software solutions.
- Work within IT to agree and estimate the delivery costs for the proposed solution.
- Work with Business and external stakeholders to agree the proposed solution.
- Act as the IT solution subject matter expert during all phases of the solutions delivery.
Skills, Capabilities And Attributes
Your background should include experience of working with high volume e-commerce and/or highly transactional financial services applications and sites. As part of a multi skilled delivery team you will be expected to contribute across all areas of delivery and have a desire to learn new skills to support this. This is an exciting and challenging role for someone to develop their skills interpreting both functional and non-functional requirements to design software solutions and support their delivery throughout the delivery lifecycle.
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following experience skills and behaviours
- Excellent stakeholder management skills: able to “draw out” the requirements of others and identify areas that may have not been previously considered.
- Capable of creating a highly compelling and accurate programme of requirements that consider all stakeholders.
- Proven track record of producing accurate and pragmatic estimates for all stages of work.
- Driven to update your skills, awareness and understanding of developments in the wider commercial world and capable of bringing relevant ideas “to the table”.
- Knowledge of and experience in using Object Orientated Analysis and Design and the Unified Modelling Language.
- Experience of working within a software delivery lifecycle as part of multiple project teams.
- Experience in the financial sector preferred but not essential.
- Knowledge of/experience in working to different software delivery models.
- Experience in SQL Server preferred and high level database design preferred but not essential.
Being a permanent member of the team at EQ you will be rewarded by our company benefits, these are just a few of what is on offer:
- 28 days + 8 bank holidays. Option to buy more days through salary sacrifice.
- A cash payment annually towards flexible benefits, e.g. dental insurance, gym membership, the above extra holiday etc.
- 4 x Life Assurance.
- Company sick pay (2 months full pay, 2 months half, following probation).
- Matched pension scheme (e.g. you pay in 6%, EQ pay in 6%), up to 10% each side (20% in total).
- Discounts with major retailers (EQ Wins).
- Maternity or adoption leave of 3 months full pay, with return to work bonus / 2 weeks paid paternity leave.
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.
Please note any offer of employment is subject to satisfactory pre-employment screening checks. These consist of 5 year activity & GAP verification, DBS or Access NI, Credit, Sanctions & CIFAS checks.
12% Off All Orders Hansen’s has everything you need to keep you looking and feeling coastal cool.
12% Off All Orders Hansen's is one of the oldest and largest surf shops in Southern California. With over 55 years doing business in Encinitas CA we have one of the most recognized names in surf retai
Limited Edition UCE-13 PLUS Water Ionizer in Matte Black 40% Off + 7 FREE Gifts with code: HAPPYTIMES at checkout. Shop Now!
Happy New Year Sale! Lowest Prices Ever! Use code: HAPPYTIMES at checkout for 7 FREE Gifts with purchase of a water ionizer. Shop Now!
38% Off Tyent's ACE-13 Above-Counter Extreme Water Ionizer - Lowest Price Ever! Plus, 7 FREE Gifts with code: HAPPYTIMES at checkout. Shop Now!
35% Off Tyent's NEW UCE-13 PLUS (in Satin Silver) Water Ionizer - Lowest Price Ever! Plus, 7 FREE Gifts with code: HAPPYTIMES at checkout. Shop Now!
34% Off Tyent's H2 Hybrid Ionizer - Lowest Price Ever! Plus, 7 FREE Gifts with code: HAPPYTIMES at checkout. Shop Now!
33% Off Tyent's EDGE-9 Turbo Water Ionizer - Lowest Price Ever! Plus, 7 FREE Gifts with code: HAPPYTIMES at checkout. Shop Now!
Up to 33% Off Tyent's NEW UCE-13 PLUS Water Ionizer + 7 FREE Gifts with code: PRESIDENT22 at checkout. Shop Now!