1,001-5,000 employees · Telecommunications
About the job
Telent Telecoms Design Lead
Location: Flexible; Kent (preferred), West Midlands, Livingston
Type of Job: Permanent
Ref No: V13019
Harlequin Group (which is a subsidiary of Telent Technology Services) are currently looking for a Telecoms Design Lead to join their Wireless Telecoms team. The successful candidate will be working on all aspects of technical site designs for key projects. You will be working and supporting across the Harlequin and Telent team, sharing your expertise to ensure the highest quality of design and to come up with innovative solutions where necessary.
- Produce comprehensive design solutions that meet the customer’s requirements.
- Ensure high quality design that meet standards and promote ‘’right first time’’ approach.
- Rectify technical design issues preventing progress on individual sites/projects.
- Provide reliable advice on design solutions to other members of the team, the customer and external suppliers.
- Support the Design Team with complex site solutions and escalations.
- Implement best practices, compliance and industry standards in site design.
- Keep up to date with new or revised guidance.
- Review Quality Assurance queries and liaise with the client to resolve technical issues.
- Occasionally attend site to carry out surveys or site meetings to discuss design issues.
- Assist with the production of standard and template drawings as part of a library of details/drawings.
- Attendance at client review meetings to discuss design solutions.
Business Operations Skills – Experience
- Mobile Telecom Site Design
- Ability to use Microsoft Office software, primarily Outlook, Excel, Word
- Good communication skills
- Able to work well in a team
- Attention to detail
- Knowledge of customer design guidance/specifications (CTIL/MBNL)
- General understanding of structural and electrical design
Business Operations Skills – Qualifications
- Degree in Civil/Structural Engineering – Desirable
- Experience using CAD software (preferably AutoCAD or similar).
Excellent Employee Benefits:
Telent is committed to ensuring that we offer industry leading career opportunities, salary and benefits packages. Join us and you can expect to receive:
- 33 days holiday, including public holidays, plus the option to buy or sell five days each year
- Company pension scheme
- A range of family friendly policies including childcare vouchers
- Occupational health support
- Telent Rewards Scheme
So why choose Telent for your next opportunity?
- To build, run and maintain a successful network, you need a connected approach – a team you can trust from strategy to support, and everything in between. At Telent, this is what we do!
- As part of our team, you could be working with some of the biggest names in the Traffic, Rail, Public Safety, Defence and Service Provider sectors including London Underground, Network Rail, Transport for London, RNLI, MOD and Virgin Media. You’ll help us ensure the most important messages get through – however tough the conditions.
- Here are just some of the ways we’re different:
- You’ll go further with us. We understand the importance of career development and will give you all the support you need to realise your potential. You’ll receive formal training, e-learning and mentoring from top professionals. And we offer opportunities to transfer to other sectors – or even different technology areas.
- You’ll make a difference. You could be working outdoors, battling the elements, or in one of our many offices helping us develop the network infrastructures of tomorrow.
- You’ll be treated as an individual. We’re not a vast corporation, which means every individual counts. With us, you’ll be valued and supported, involved and empowered from day one.
- You’ll be well rewarded. We offer salary progression that reflects market rates and personal performance, a flexible working environment and excellent training.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy once we have received sufficient applications.
Telent is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to diversity and inclusion.