5,001-10,000 employees · E-Learning Providers
About the job
At Gale we have an exciting new opportunity for a Digital Product specialist to join our European sales team to train customers and clients on the use of Gale's digital products. The role is home based in the UK with travel required to clients within the region.
The role has a benefits package inclusive of 23 days annual leave, rising to 26 after a years service plus all bank holidays, additional wellness day off, pension contribution of 5%, private healthcare and many more!
Job Description & Person Specification
Job Title: Digital Product specialist – Europe
Business Unit: Gale EMEA
Department: Gale EMEA Sales
Reporting to: Gale European Sales Manager
Line Reports: None
Based: Remote based in the UK
Date last reviewed: August 2022
To drive usage and ensure 100% renewal of Gale products across Europe by providing onsite and remote training for customers and Gale International staff on all electronic products.
- To create and implement a training strategy for European customers and staff across all electronic product lines
- To effectively plan and attend customer training sessions both onsite and remotely
- To provide pre-sales support by working with sales staff to deliver product presentations which match customer needs
- To provide post-sales support for sales staff and customers through the provision of product training sessions
- To maximise time on campus by proactively arranging meetings to further promote/train on Gale products
- To create training material and keep it up to date
- To represent Gale at key industry events such as conferences, exhibitions, and trade shows
- To support Customer Care staff in responding to technical enquiries from customers
- To cultivate aNd maintain extensive product knowledge of a large and growing product list
- To work closely with customers to implement strategies to drive usage of installed products
- To work closely with internal teams such as marketing, customer services, sales and product development as a recognised product expert
- To act as a liaison between Sales and Product Development
- To support International colleagues by sharing best practice, experience and knowledge
- To use various channels to promote training activity, especially contributing to Gale EMEA Twitter account
- Innovating our methods of end-user contacts. Eg dissertation clinics, front of class sessions, road shows
Sales representatives, Marketing, and publishing departments
Librarians, faculty, and students
Flexibility to travel is essential as this role will require travel throughout Europe, and some travel outside the territory for conferences. Travel may also on occasion take place over weekends.
Essential Role Requirements
- Proven training experience, ideally within the information or publishing industry
- Fluent English language skills
- A customer-focused attitude
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to manage relationships between key stakeholders within large academic institutions
- Proficient MS Office skills
- Experience of online information resources
- Excellent presentation skills
- The capacity to absorb product information, and to maintain and develop extensive product knowledge
- Enthusiasm with a self-motivated, dynamic attitude
- Strong organizational skills
- The ability to communicate with all levels of personnel both internally and externally, and with both native and non-native English speakers
Desirable Role Requirements
- Possess an up to date understanding of technologies used within libraries and an appreciation for how advancements can be utilized to improve our overall offering
- Knowledge of Adobe Captivate for creating training materials
- Proficiency in European Languages
- Educated to graduate level (or equivalent)
- Own a recognised training qualification (CITP or similar)
Gale, part of Cengage Group
Gale, part of Cengage Group, partners with librarians and educators to create positive change and outcomes for researchers and learners. Best known for its accurate and authoritative reference content as well as its intelligent organization of full-text magazine and newspaper articles, the company creates and maintains more than 600 databases.
Gale empowers libraries to be active collaborators in the success of their institutions and communities by providing essential content that leads to discovery and knowledge, and user-friendly technology that delivers engaging learning experiences. Gale has close to 500 employees globally, with headquarters in Farmington Hills, Michigan, there are additional offices throughout the United States as well as Asia, Australia, Canada, Europe and Latin America. For more information, please visit website: gale.com/intl
We believe in the power and joy of learning
At Cengage Group, our employees have a direct impact in helping students around the world discover the power and joy of learning. We are bonded by our shared purpose – driving innovation that helps millions of learners improve their lives and achieve their dreams through education.
Our culture values diversity, engagement, and discovery
Our business is driven by our strong culture, and we know that creating an inclusive and diverse workplace is absolutely essential to the success of our company and our learners, as well as our individual well-being. We recognize the value of diverse perspectives in everything we do and strive to ensure employees of all levels and backgrounds feel empowered to voice their ideas and bring their authentic selves to work. We achieve these priorities through inclusive programs, benefits, and initiatives that are integrated into the fabric of how we work every day. To learn more, please see https://www.cengagegroup.com/about/inclusion-and-diversity/.