About the job
We are looking for an Frontend Developer to join our rapidly growing team. This role will be split between our new offices in Reading (2-3 days per week) and remote working.
We're working to solve some of the most challenging environmental problems in city centre, last-mile logistics, which means an opportunity to have a significant impact on the world around us, and what it will look like in the future, from your very first day.
We want to revolutionise city centre logistics in order to make urban environments better places to live and work. We’re creating the world's safest commercial vehicles by reimagining conventional truck design principles, thanks to our full-electric drivetrain, and thus protecting vulnerable road users. Our electric powertrain also eliminates harmful tailpipe emissions, removing harmful pollutants that contribute to climate change. A crucial part of our journey is building a team of outstanding employees who share our vision for the future and our values of safety and sustainability.
You’ll be joining a world class team, backed by top investors that all believe in the future we are creating. We have ambitious growth plans for 2022 and beyond, scaling our team and activity at an exciting pace. We are a people-led company focused around creating an exceptional business, and all employees have a high level of autonomy and a platform to make a real impact.
What You Will Do
You will be working within the Cloud team in the Digital Experience department. You will develop frontend solution for Volta web app products. You will be writing requirements describing the SW architecture and the module interaction for each product. You will prototype solutions pivoting based on user learning after usability test. You will be working together with the UX and Product team.
- Design the frontend SW architecture of the web app solution
- Develop & implement the frontend UI based on UI design and UX research
- Work over multiple web app projects for different Volta customers
- Support Volta business case implementing SW version control strategies and CD/CI toolchains
- Document SW requirements
- Implement test and validation strategies across multiple Volta products
- Liaising with internal and external stakeholders
We Would Like You To Have
- Strong sense of deadline against a business milestone
- Strong knowledge in SW development lifecycle
- Strong knowledge in version control tools (git, SVN) and CD/CI toolchains
- Experience developing web application using two frontend frameworks
- Knowledge and experience in documenting SW requirements and SW architecture
- Experience in developing web application using 2D and 3D rendering engine into the browser (e.g. WebGL)
- Strong understanding of modular architecture design
- Knowledge and experience about AWS products is a plus
- Proactive personality
- Detailed oriented personality
A Typical Volta Trucks Person
- Thinks and acts in a non-traditional way.
- Closely shares our values of safety, sustainability and electrification.
- Is action-orientated, proactive and works at pace.
- Is transparent, progressive & entrepreneurial.
- Is adaptable, resilient and open to change.
What Working Here Will Be Like
- We are a small, fast-growing team so you will have a high degree of ownership and accountability, and you will be directly exposed to all areas of the business.
- We are a start-up, so don't have a lot of structures and processes. Things change quickly and we acknowledge when we get things wrong and change direction.
- We are a diverse business, from many nationalities and backgrounds.
- We really value our people. We have a flexible & remote work environment and a great benefits package & pension scheme
- We are committed to creating a first-class work environment. Every employee has a voice and we encourage open communication.