201-500 employees · IT Services and IT Consulting
About the job
Within commutable distance to Nottingham
We’re Air IT, an incredible MSP with the history and expertise to provide an amazing array of services and a bright future ahead of us.
We’ve grown a lot since our beginning back in 2005. We’re proud to have brought together nine leading companies as a family, with more on the horizon. Now, with an office presence across the UK, we are extremely honoured to have been recognised with a range of regional, national and industry awards for growth, innovation, dedication and success throughout our journey.
Excited for our future, we’ve got a great mission and vision and a clearly defined strategy to empower our teams and make sure we can bring out the best in our people to provide unrivalled IT and Cyber Security support, solutions and services to local SMEs, nationwide. And this is where you come in.
We’re now looking for a Head of Professional Services to join us, adding to our pool of knowledge and delivering great results for our clients.
Working closely with the Sales and Pre-Sales teams you will ensure all projects entering Professional Services are deliverable, profitable and adequately scoped. You will work with the PMO team to ensure the timely scheduling of projects to adequately skilled engineers, efficient planning and delivery of these projects and effective handover after completion into the Service team. You will ensure governance of all documented processes throughout the delivery cycle in line with the PMO Framework.
Monthly Work in Progress (WIP) should be consistently and accurately reported to enable accurate forecasting against budgets. Projects should be planned and managed to ensure maximum revenue is delivered each month and any potential project slippages are proactively managed, mitigated or avoided to prevent falls in forecasted revenues.
You will work closely with the Technical Managers to ensure all issue escalations are dealt with promptly, lessons are learned and documented and ultimately customer satisfaction is delivered.
You will closely manage and report to board level resource utilisation, future resource requirement projections (in line with set revenue targets), recruitment and project delivery efficiency.
The role has line management responsibility for Stream Leads and Technical Managers, whilst also having overall responsibility for ensuring the continued upskilling and training of the wider team. You will need to ensure adequate training is provided to maintain technical skills coverage of all delivered solutions across each regional team and ensure effective career progression in line with the teams set goals and aspirations.
You will lead process improvement initiatives for the department and be constantly looking for areas of improvement for future initiatives.
In addition to the above you will be responsible for working with the Integration team to ensure the successful transition and embedding of the Professional Services arms of future acquired businesses into the group. This includes process alignment, system integration and team management.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prioritisation of projects for scheduling, ensuring maximum monthly revenue.
- Overseeing the delivery of all projects.
- Managing and reporting the monthly and quarterly WIP against budgets.
- Actively managing and reporting project progress, resource utilisation and project efficiency.
- Escalation and issue management.
- Line manage, mentor and provide delivery support to Professional Services Technical Managers, Senior Project Manager, Service Transition Lead and Comms Provisioning Lead.
- Upskilling and career development of the team.
- Govern, communicate and improve departmental processes
To be considered as Head of Professional Services, you will need:
- Extensive IT project delivery experience, within an MSP environment
- Scheduling, project planning and project management experience
- Experience of drafting and managing budgets
- Line management experience
- To be a natural leader and team motivator
- The ability to prioritise and to manage time effectively
- Issue management and risk mitigation skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
What can we offer you?
- An attractive remuneration packages (we prefer to talk face-to-face about your needs)
- Car allowance
- Hybrid, flexible working
- 25 days annual leave + bank holidays with the option to buy and sell up to 5 days.
- Free flu jabs
- Tiered pension
- Perks including quarterly and annual staff awards, funded social events, referral bonuses.
- Excellent learning and development opportunities
- A focus on health, wellbeing, inclusivity and diversity
- Supportive and fun working environment.
Ideally, you will have a professional project management certificate or qualification.
Other organisations may call this role Head of IT Support Services, Head of Support, Head of IT Projects, Senior Project Manager, PMO Manager, Technical Services Manager, or Head of Technical Services.
Air IT are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all. We believe this is the only acceptable way to conduct business and the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you’ve got a knack for project management and are ready to join us as Head of Professional Services, please apply via the button shown. We look forward to hearing from you.
Powered by JazzHR