11-50 employees · IT Services and IT Consulting
About the job
geocgi is looking for a highly motivated IT Specialist to assist with day-to-day IT operations and related tasks including: helpdesk triage and escalation, assist in maintaining and improving the organization’s cybersecurity posture, and work closely with other project teams and staff to maintain or improve their specific IT operations. The IT Specialist must be local to the Northern Virginia/Washington DC area. The candidate will execute the responsibilities of an IT Specialist, which include:
- Tier 1 and 2 helpdesk tickets
- Desktop Support for Windows systems and applications
- Assist with server administration for Windows and Linux systems
- Assist cloud administration in either AWS or Azure
- Assist the IT Department in maintaining NIST 800-171 or CMMC compliance
- Eager to learn new technology and integrate existing skills within a new industry.
- An active and collaborative team member.
- An above average communicator, comfortable with technical writing, as well as public speaking.
- Highly organized and able to maintain several projects at one time.
- Possess a desire to immerse yourself in location-based problem solving to support our client’s missions
As an employee of geocgi, the IT Specialist will have access to a generous benefits package, in addition to a corporate culture and community of GIS geeks. Our benefits include but are not limited to:
- Competitive salaries, commensurate with experience and leading Federal Contractors in the geospatial industry.
- Opportunities for upward mobility in a dynamic fast paced environment within a small company.
- Merit-based spot and end of year bonuses
- Safe Harbor 401(k) plan with immediate vesting
- Flexible work hours and PTO
- Complete Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage for individuals
- Company paid training, certifications, and professional growth and development.
The following are requirements of the IT Specialist:
- Associates degree or completed course work in an Information Technology related field
- 2 years of experience working in an IT environment
- Windows 10 Professional Administration
- Helpdesk or desktop support experience
- Knowledge in IT administration or cybersecurity
The following are desired capabilities and experience of the IT Specialist:
- Bachelor’s in information technology, computer science, or a related field, depending on position level
- Ability to obtain CompTIA Server+ and Security+ or related certifications
- Ability to obtain a Security Clearance
- Experience with NIST 800-171
- Excellent writing and communication skills
A qualified IT Specialist is expected to have a working knowledge or concepts in one or more of the following areas:
- Windows Server 2019/2022 Administration
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Administration
- Ubuntu Administration
- Office 365 Administration
- Networking and firewall administration
- OSI Model and networking concepts
- Knowledge of Cloud services and concepts
Please visit our website and careers page at: www.geocgi.com to apply. We are an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. As a U.S. Federal Contractor, geocgi complies with COVID-19 vaccine mandates for all personnel as outlined by Executive Order 14042.