Full-time · Mid-Senior level
501-1,000 employees · IT Services and IT Consulting
About the job
Who we are:
For over 20 years, Global Relay has set the standard in enterprise information archiving with industry-leading cloud archiving, surveillance, eDiscovery, and analytics solutions. We securely capture and preserve the communications data of the world’s most highly regulated firms, giving them greater visibility and control over their information and ensuring compliance with stringent regulations.
Though we offer competitive compensation and benefits and all the other perks one would expect from an established company, we are not your typical technology company. Global Relay is a career-building company. A place for big ideas. New challenges. Groundbreaking innovation. It’s a place where you can genuinely make an impact – and be recognized for it.
We believe great businesses thrive on diversity, inclusion, and the contributions of all employees. To that end, we recruit candidates from different backgrounds and foster a work environment that encourages employees to collaborate and learn from each other, completely free of barriers.
We encourage you to apply if your qualifications and experience are a good fit for any of our openings.
The IT Asset Coordinator is responsible for the development and management of a robust asset tracking practice intended to assist management with the strategic decision making process. He or she works closely with all members of the IT Operations team to continuously design, build, and evolve the IT asset system and processes to ensure that the data is captured, monitored, and reported in an accurate and relevant manner. This role ensures the tools for asset management are effective and current to meet the needs of Global Relay. The IT Asset Coordinator will work closely with the Software Asset Coordinator to capture all relevant information regarding Global Relay's assets. This information will be current, relevant, and reflect the complete lifecycle of the assets in a 'Cradle-to-Grave' methodology.
- Use asset management tools to analyze, review, update, and track IT asset data.
- Coordinate with management to design and execute IT asset management policies, procedures, and processes.
- Prepare data in a useful format to assist management in planning and budgeting exercises.
- Work with management and Finance to capture, document, and track the entire purchase cycle of IT Infrastructure, Cradle-to-Grave.
- Utilize risk analysis to identify the risk profile of current IT assets.
- Conduct audits to verify the validity of the assets.
- Identify in advance end-of-life assets and assist in the deprecation and disposal of those assets.
- Capture, document, and monitor the life-cycle of vendor maintenance and support contracts.
- Provide information as needed to assist in audit-compliance activities.
- Participate in inventory management, procurement, shipping activities and Return Merchandise Automation (RMA).
- Participate in identifying economic factors and trends that lead to obsolescence or devaluation of existing technologies.
- Provide data and support to business users and key stakeholders as needed.
- Execute administrative functions as needed and self-manage all responsibilities.
- Degree in English, business administration, computing science, or equivalence of experience and education.
- Minimum of 3+ years of experience in administration and asset tracking.
- Analytically and strategically minded with strong attention to detail.
- Highly computer literate and proficient with the Microsoft Suite, in particular MS Excel.
- Demonstrated ability to work both collaboratively in a team environment as well as independently in an effective and organized manner in a complex and challenging environment.
- Strong administrative skills.
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written.
- In-depth experience working in an environment with formally structured IT Operational processes: work request ticket management, incident management, change management, and problem management.
- ITSM Framework certifications such as ITIL, Sigma, SIAM or Methodology certifications such as Agile, Scrum, DevOps are considered an asset.
- Proficiency in scripting languages such as Python or Ansible, and documentation applications such as Netbox considered an asset.
What you can expect:
At Global Relay, there’s no ceiling to what you can achieve. It’s the land of opportunity for the energetic, the intelligent, the driven. You’ll receive the mentoring, coaching, and support you need to reach your career goals. You’ll be part of a culture that breeds creativity and rewards perseverance and hard work. And you’ll be working alongside smart, talented individuals from diverse backgrounds, with complementary knowledge and skills.
Global Relay is an equal-opportunity employer committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
We seek to ensure reasonable adjustments, accommodations, and personal time are personalized to meet the unique needs of every individual.
We understand flexible work arrangements are important, and we encourage that in our work culture. Whether it’s flexibility around work hours, workstyle, or lifestyle, we want to ensure our employees have a healthy work/life balance. We support and value a hybrid work model that blends collaboration with the team in the office and focus time from the comfort of your home.
To learn more about our business, culture, and community involvement, visit www.globalrelay.com.