51-200 employees · Staffing and Recruiting
About the job
An IT Network Support job for up to £26K Hybrid working in Sussex
Your New Company
This well known Public Sector organisation has offices in Lewes and Guildford and is seeking IT Network Technicians to support the Technology operations.
Your new role
Reporting to the Network Team Leader, this position provides WAN, LAN, WLAN and includes firewall device support, monitoring, maintenance and documentation.
The main role is to provide support and will be involved actively as part of the network team.
You will be involved in:
- Maintaining WAN, LAN, and Wireless LAN connectivity between all locations
- Deploy and configure SD-WAN Edge router and security firewalls.
- Participate in, where appropriate in the designs and implementation of network infrastructure.
- Monitor and maintain the health and general condition of the network environment.
- Deliver fault isolation and troubleshooting on network systems.
- Assist in network hardware and software configuration standards.
- Understand and adhere to company policies and procedures on a daily basis
- Interface with vendors and staff on a daily basis.
What You'll Need To Succeed
It is essential that the post holder has/is:
- Experience in supporting a large/enterprise level network environment including firewalls / VPN architecture, Cisco ASA firewalls and Checkpoint platforms.
- Strong knowledge of key networking protocols.
- Knowledge of WAN and monitoring.
- Knowledge of campus LAN, Wi-Fi networks.
- Strong troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to learn quickly and apply knowledge to the current environment.
- CCNA is desirable or any similar qualification, but not necessary.
What You'll Get In Return
The role is available for hybrid working with no more than 1 or 2 days per week required to be in the office in Lewes. It is a 37 hour week and a typical 9-5 or 8-4 work pattern. 33 days leave including bank holidays, and an excellent benefits package which includes a career average earnings Pension scheme.
What You Need To Do Now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV.