JOBSHARE/PART TIME - TEAM LEAD SOFTWARE ENGINEER
1-10 employees · Technology, Information and Internet
About the job
JP Morgan has partnered with Roleshare to offer this position out to the market as a job share. In order to find your job-share partner please create your profile on www.roleshare.com and start your application there.
Risk Central is a big data platform that consolidates Risk, PnL, VaR, and Stress for consumers in Trading, Finance Control, Product Control, Market Risk, and other areas across the Investment Bank. Lines of Business that are served by Risk Central include Commodities, Foreign Exchange, Rates, Credit, Strategic Products, Fixed Income Financing, Equities, Public Finance, and others.
The Market Risk & Finance Risk Central team is concerned with onboarding LOBs, enhancing reporting capabilities, and building user interfaces within the Risk Central and Athena systems. Technologies used include Python and React (TypeScript).
As The Lead Of The London Team, You Will Manage a Team Of Three Engineers Locally, While Working Globally In One Or More Of Three Major Functional Areas
- Onboarding - Responsible for working directly with stakeholders to publish data into Risk Central and handle BAU activity.
- Reporting - Responsible for generating aggregations of Risk Central data as well as data from other systems to feed UIs and other uses.
- UI - Responsible for display/presentation/visualization of data from Risk Central and elsewhere.
Across All Functional Areas, You Will
- Communicate directly with the users of our applications. We believe the best products are created when engineers and users collaborate directly.
- Participate in a rapid-release environment and fast-moving team (daily scrum, 2-week sprint, etc.) located across NYC, London, Houston, Buenos Aires, and Mumbai.
- Work in a collaborative, trusting, thought-provoking environment - one that encourages diversity of thought and creative solutions.
As a member of our Software Engineering group, we look first and foremost for people who are passionate about solving business problems through innovation and engineering practices. You will be required to apply your depth of knowledge and expertise to all aspects of the software development lifecycle, as well as partner continuously with your many stakeholders on a daily basis to stay focused on common goals. We embrace a culture of experimentation and constantly strive for improvement and learning.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
- BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
- Prior management experience (strongly desired)
- Advanced knowledge of application, data, and infrastructure architecture disciplines
- Knowledge of industry-wide technology trends and best practices
- Ability to work in large, collaborative teams to achieve organizational goals
- Proficiency in one or more modern programming languages, including either Python or React (only one is required - but both is a major plus)
- Knowledge of Pandas or d3.js are also pluses (but not required).
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world's most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
JP Morgan UK is partnered with Roleshare to enable a better way to work. All roles advertised on Roleshare are open to job-share applicants but are also open to full time applicants. In order to be considered for the jobshare team responsible for this, please apply on Roleshare.
12% Off All Orders Hansen’s has everything you need to keep you looking and feeling coastal cool.
12% Off All Orders Hansen's is one of the oldest and largest surf shops in Southern California. With over 55 years doing business in Encinitas CA we have one of the most recognized names in surf retai
Limited Edition UCE-13 PLUS Water Ionizer in Matte Black 40% Off + 7 FREE Gifts with code: HAPPYTIMES at checkout. Shop Now!
Happy New Year Sale! Lowest Prices Ever! Use code: HAPPYTIMES at checkout for 7 FREE Gifts with purchase of a water ionizer. Shop Now!
38% Off Tyent's ACE-13 Above-Counter Extreme Water Ionizer - Lowest Price Ever! Plus, 7 FREE Gifts with code: HAPPYTIMES at checkout. Shop Now!
35% Off Tyent's NEW UCE-13 PLUS (in Satin Silver) Water Ionizer - Lowest Price Ever! Plus, 7 FREE Gifts with code: HAPPYTIMES at checkout. Shop Now!
34% Off Tyent's H2 Hybrid Ionizer - Lowest Price Ever! Plus, 7 FREE Gifts with code: HAPPYTIMES at checkout. Shop Now!
33% Off Tyent's EDGE-9 Turbo Water Ionizer - Lowest Price Ever! Plus, 7 FREE Gifts with code: HAPPYTIMES at checkout. Shop Now!
Up to 33% Off Tyent's NEW UCE-13 PLUS Water Ionizer + 7 FREE Gifts with code: PRESIDENT22 at checkout. Shop Now!