51-200 employees · Staffing and Recruiting
About the job
MARBLE MAYNE RECRUITMENT LTD
A highly specialist software company which owns and develops products & apps related to student discount services and membership engagement platforms is seeking a Junior BI Developer for a full-time permanent role.
The organisation has offices in central Manchester and it would be useful for the successful applicant to live within a commutable distance, however the organisation will consider applicants based anywhere within the UK as the role can be done fully remotely.
The role represents a chance to join a fun, diverse, flexible and ethical employer to work on some exciting products with the latest tech.
The role would be ideal for a candidate with strong SQL / T-SQL skills, good knowledge of Power BI and some experience with AWS. The bulk of the role will be focused on data management and reporting on the organisation’s flagship student union discount app and website.
Key duties will include:
- Hands-on development (warehouse, views, reporting, analysis)
- Work with the D&A Team Manager to Design, implement and enhance reporting and data analysis capability
- Engineering and development of data solutions, maintaining health and building for the future
- Development of standardised dynamic and static reports for all areas of the business
- Get under the hood of marketing, ops, tech to understand current reporting needs & opportunities
- Align the business using cross functional reports that tie in certain cause and effect elements critical to scaling
- Support the D&A Team Manager on the generation and maintenance of meaningful management information across every level of the business
- Work with the D&A Team Manager to implement and ensure compliance to all disaster recovery plans (main in D&A areas)
- Maintain and prepare paperwork for data backup to retrieve data in case of emergency
- Identify and implement improvements to processes and methods. Contribute proactively to new service developments
- Prior experience in a data & analytics role, ideally a minimum of 2 years’ experience
- Demonstrable experience in SQL / T-SQL syntax and concepts including standard querying, joins, indexes, keys, unions, Procedures, Views. Advanced techniques including window functions, arrays, stored procedures, views, API calls and basic warehousing techniques
- Conceptual knowledge of Data lake / Data Warehouse / Data integration / Data engineering and the ambition to be more proficient
- Strong experience with Power BI
- Exposure to AWS (Amazon Web Services) and Google Analytics is a strong advantage
- A proactive attitude is essential
- Experience with student discount products, e-commerce environments and digital marketing channels would be useful but by no means essential
- Familiarity with Java, Python or .net software development useful but not essential
Closing date: ASAP / Ongoing
Interviews: ASAP / Ongoing
Salary: Starting salary of £32,000 – to be reviewed after 6 month probation + discretionary bonus
Please send your CV for immediate consideration.