1,001-5,000 employees · Technology, Information and Internet
About the job
Dice is the leading career destination for tech experts at every stage of their careers. Our client, Soft Tech Consulting Inc, is seeking the following. Apply via Dice today!
Soft Tech Consulting is seeking a highly motivated, self-directed individual to fill the role of a Junior Web Developer. The designated candidate for this position will join a collaborative team environment, providing leadership necessary toward the successful delivery of the project deliverables and provide effective communication to all levels of staff for reporting design/development. The place of performance for this contract is in Washington, DC with a possibility of remote work.
TOP SECRET CLEARANCE
WORK TO BE PERFORMED ONSITE / REMOTE WORK POSSIBLE.
- Provide support in the development of web markup, including HTML5, CSS3
- Work with content management system such as Drupal to create, manage and theme content.
- Help build and work with RESTful web services, with open source software and UNIX/Linux environment.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or any related field
- Minimum 1 year of experience in system development
- Proficient understanding of web markup, including HTML5, CSS3
- Experience working with a content management system such as Drupal to create, manage and theme content.
- Understanding of relational databases (Postgres or MySQL preferred)
- Basic knowledge of image authoring tools, to be able to crop, resize, or perform small adjustments on an image.
- Basic understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them.
- Basic understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Experience building and working with RESTful web services
- Experience working with open source software
- Experience working in Unix/Linux environment.
- Familiarity with containerization and virtualization concepts
- Experience with React.js
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Detail oriented.
- Able to work independently.
Soft Tech Consulting, Inc. is a woman and minority-owned small business headquartered in Chantilly, VA. With contracts in both the public and private sectors in the DC metro area and across the country, Soft Tech is an organization made up of highly successful and talented Information Technology professionals offering enterprise class solutions for any size organization at great value. Soft Tech’s mission is to help government organizations design, implement, and maintain mission critical Information Technology solutions. By focusing jointly on our employees and our customers, we are able to achieve our mission by providing each and every one of our customers with continuous quality customer support. Soft Tech Consulting, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.