5,001-10,000 employees · Software Development
About the job
Mavenir is building the future of networks and pioneering advanced technology, focusing on the vision of a single, software-based automated network that runs on any cloud. As the industry's only end-to-end, cloud-native network software provider, Mavenir is transforming the way the world connects, accelerating software network transformation for 250+ Communications Service Providers in over 120 countries, which serve more than 50% of the world’s subscribers.
We have a new position within our Small Cells development team for a Lead Software Engineer with experience of embedded Linux based products.
You will be responsible for the development and maintenance of the product software and other software tools used during manufacture and test of Mavenir 2G, 3G, 4G and 5G Small Cell products.
The primary focus will be the product software. This will involve writing Linux libraries, utilities and drivers. The secondary part of the role is to help with development of the Manufacturing Test Systems and other software tools.
Throughout product development, the role will require you to work closely with the platform software team and the hardware team. Then, as part of new product introduction, you will be working closely with the engineering teams in the manufacturing plant.
This role reports to the Manufacturing Test Systems Manager.
- Design and develop C/C++ embedded software to run on Mavenir product hardware
- Design and develop Software API and device drivers to interface to manufacturing test systems. We use a mix of:
- A Mavenir specific SCPI command set
- In-house Remote Procedure Call protocols
- Create and maintain API documents and contribute to design documentation
- Support the design and development of Manufacturing Test Systems and tools. These use a mix of:
- Scripting languages e.g., Python, TCL, PHP
- Visual Basic
- SQL query language
- Support the introduction of new product lines to a production facility
- Work with members of the Platform SW and HW development teams to derive product test requirements
- Participate in code reviews
- Detailed knowledge and experience in real-time, embedded software development
- Experience with diagnosis of system issues at hardware, kernel and application software level
- Experience using debug tools such as in-circuit debuggers and protocol analysers
- Working knowledge of real-time, embedded Linux kernel and device drivers
- Working knowledge of IT protocols including ICMP, DNS, DHCP and NTP.
- Use of source code management tools
- Use of work and bug tracking tools
- Experience using hardware test equipment such as oscilloscopes and RF test gear is a plus
- Knowledge of radio systems and mobile networks, especially on 3GPP LTE 4G and 5G standards is a plus
Mavenir is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you require any assistance, please state in your application or contact your recruiter.
Mavenir is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes qualified applicants from around the world, regardless of their ethnicity, gender, religion, nationality, age, disability, or other legally protected status.