MARKETING OPERATIONS ANALYST
United Kingdom Remote
- 51-200 employees
- Actively recruiting
About the job
We’re looking for a data-oriented Marketing Operations Analyst with a deep interest in marketing, a collaborative approach to work, and a growth mindset. The Marketing Operations Analyst is responsible for interpreting customer segmentation plans to define audiences that support our marketing activities. They will collaborate closely with marketing team members to use audience data to share strategic insights and analysis that enable colleagues to develop highly effective marketing campaigns. Vitally, they will use numerous data sources to create audience lists that enable specialised targeting and personalisation in campaigns and provide a deeper analysis of all results post-campaign.
The successful candidate has an enquiring mind with a desire to investigate and translate patterns in performance, creating presentable user-facing reports and analysis. They will have excellent communication skills with the ability to understand and explain complex requirements, clearly and concisely, and deliver them effectively and efficiently. They will be structured and organised with exceptional attention to detail and a strong commitment to deadlines.
The Marketing Operations Analyst works collaboratively with the product marketing and marketing operations teams while reporting to the Senior Marketing Manager, Marketing Operations.
List management - 45%
- Work with the Journals Outreach team to plan and develop targeted campaigns
- Work with the Data and Insights team to define and extract all marketing campaign lists and other relevant data to support marketing campaigns
- Segment lists according to campaign requirements and to facilitate future analysis and reporting
- Clean and upload lists to our email service provider
- Use campaign analysis and insights to optimize list performance, minimising list fatigue and improving the effectiveness of campaign activity
- Contribute to campaign retrospectives to correlate results against list segments and against objectives, providing observations and improvements for future campaigns
- Work with the Marketing Operations team to review and maintain the integrity of our lists ensuring each segment is appropriately managed and deployed.
- Create and maintain an audience matrix based on demographic data and audience characteristics to assist deeper and more personalised campaigns
Reporting - 45%
- Create and maintain marketing dashboards in Tableau, reporting on campaign activities, converting data into insights with specific and actionable recommendations
- Using available analytics platforms (Google Analytics, Tableau, etc), formulate end to end analysis of key marketing campaigns
- Work collaboratively with colleagues to review data and research outputs,,identifying patterns and trends in customer behavior to improve the impact and effectiveness of targeting strategies and campaigns
- Create reports to track campaign effectiveness against strategic targets and objectives
- Work with the Data and Insights team to extract raw data to create deeper analysis of campaign performance and identify opportunities for the future
- Manipulate data and market insights to provide clear, relevant, and accurate reporting
General administrative support - 10%
- Support the Journals Outreach team with the maintenance of key tracking and reporting systems
- Maintain and update reporting systems
- Assist stakeholders in preparing marketing reports
Qualifications & Experience
- Experience in a customer analytics role supporting a marketing function
- Advanced excel and data manipulation skills
- Understanding of audience segmentation
- Familiarity with Tableau is a plus
Skills & Abilities
- Ability to adapt to and manage changing priorities independently in a fast-paced environment
- Proactive, driven, curious, highly motivated, and accountable
- Analytical in approach with the ability to evaluate and use audience data to inform marketing decisions
- Able to interpret and deliver customer data in a meaningful format and provide key recommendations and learning to stakeholders
- Excellent organisation and prioritisation skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to work effectively with people at all levels within a team environment
- Collaborative as part of a team but also at ease working independently
- Interest in science, science communications, Open Access, STM, or academic publishing
12% Off All Orders Hansen’s has everything you need to keep you looking and feeling coastal cool.
12% Off All Orders Hansen's is one of the oldest and largest surf shops in Southern California. With over 55 years doing business in Encinitas CA we have one of the most recognized names in surf retai
Limited Edition UCE-13 PLUS Water Ionizer in Matte Black 40% Off + 7 FREE Gifts with code: HAPPYTIMES at checkout. Shop Now!
Happy New Year Sale! Lowest Prices Ever! Use code: HAPPYTIMES at checkout for 7 FREE Gifts with purchase of a water ionizer. Shop Now!
38% Off Tyent's ACE-13 Above-Counter Extreme Water Ionizer - Lowest Price Ever! Plus, 7 FREE Gifts with code: HAPPYTIMES at checkout. Shop Now!
35% Off Tyent's NEW UCE-13 PLUS (in Satin Silver) Water Ionizer - Lowest Price Ever! Plus, 7 FREE Gifts with code: HAPPYTIMES at checkout. Shop Now!
34% Off Tyent's H2 Hybrid Ionizer - Lowest Price Ever! Plus, 7 FREE Gifts with code: HAPPYTIMES at checkout. Shop Now!
33% Off Tyent's EDGE-9 Turbo Water Ionizer - Lowest Price Ever! Plus, 7 FREE Gifts with code: HAPPYTIMES at checkout. Shop Now!
Up to 33% Off Tyent's NEW UCE-13 PLUS Water Ionizer + 7 FREE Gifts with code: PRESIDENT22 at checkout. Shop Now!