10,001+ employees · Defense and Space Manufacturing
About the job
General Dynamics Mission Systems (GDMS) engineers a diverse portfolio of high technology solutions, products and services that enable customers to successfully execute missions across all domains of operation. With a global team of 12,000+ top professionals, we partner with the best in industry to expand the bounds of innovation in the defense and scientific arenas. Given the nature of our work and who we are, we value trust, honesty, alignment and transparency. We offer highly competitive benefits and pride ourselves in being a great place to work with a shared sense of purpose. You will also enjoy a flexible work environment where contributions are recognized and rewarded. If who we are and what we do resonates with you, we invite you to join our high performance team!
General Dynamics is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/Disability/Veteran
Bachelor's degree in software engineering or a related technical field is required plus a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience; or Master's degree plus a minimum of 3 years of relevant experience. Agile experience preferred.
Candidates must have an active TS/SCI with Polygraph clearance. Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required.
- This position is eligible for a sign-on bonus up to $40,000 for New Hires Only
- Our Employee Referral Program offers a $20k Referral Bonus for any candidate referred by an employee and hired for this position.
- A Relocation package may be available for this position
Ready to be a leader with the company that is committed to pushing the limits of truly advanced technologies? At General Dynamics Mission Systems, we create the products and services that help our service members, intelligence analysts and first responders keep our nation safe. The work we do is so advanced, it’s often classified. If you want to put your talent in the spotlight, it’s waiting for you right now, right here.
We apply advanced technologies such as Artificial Intelligence, Blockchain, AR/VR, Cloud Native and Quantum Physics to solve our customers’ missions in cyber, RF, undersea, interstellar space and everything in between.
** A discretionary sign-on bonus may be available for this position *
As a Full Stack Java Developer, you’ll perform software requirements analysis, system integration activities, research and design and develop and test software and tools. From inventing new products or enhancing existing applications, your talent will be front and center.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience as a software engineer developing and enhancing software systems
- Minimum of 3 years developing object-oriented software applications in Java (version 1.8 or higher)
- Minimum of 2 years of Web Development in Angular 2+ or ReactJS
- Minimum of 2 years with MongoDB or relational databases
- Familiarity with Java Frameworks (i.e. Spring, Spring Data, Spring Boot)
What you’ll experience:
- Technologies that aren’t just top-notch, they’re often top-secret
- A team of bold thinkers committed to exploring what’s next
- Opportunities to gain new knowledge - as it’s discovered
What you bring to the table:
- A Bachelor’s in software engineering or a related technical field and a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience or a Master's degree and a minimum of 3 years of relevant experience; Agile experience preferred
- Proficient understanding of software engineering concepts, principles, and theories
- Proficient at applying technical standards and methodologies to resolve issues in creative ways and help company meet financial and business objectives
What sets you apart:
- Proficient knowledge of technology trends and the ability to champion new ideas, products and process improvements
- Ability to resolve significant and diverse problems and issues of broad scope and complexity
- Creative thinking with the ability to effectively multi-task