The Progressive Blacks in Information and Communication Technology is also known as PBICT is a group of persons who are active in the ICT and Communication sectors through employment, business and education. Our primary objective is to open ACCESS and advocate for OWNERSHIP to ensure that black people fully benefit from these industries. Through our radical economic transformation mantra, we aim to open up a variety of opportunities for our members. As ICT is a transformation tool for all industries, we will invest resources into black-owned business to black-owned businesses to offer differentiating solution, and enable step-changing transformation in the industry. The forum will also be used to engage senior stakeholders in the industry to build alignment of black business and transformation expectations. The program aims to perpetuate the traditional Ubuntu ("humanity towards others") mindset to set the stage for inclusive transformation. In the first few years we intend to focus on the following areas:
1. Protecting the base: Ensuring out black brothers and sisters are not used by big business as stepping stones to access opportunities. Ensuring that they are safe if they speak up against these practices;
2. Growing the base: Using our extensive network of businesses and professionals to enable access to opportunities for our members.
3. Investing driving small business cooperation to reduce the barrier to entry delivering substantial opportunities and allowing access to meaningful programs.
- IT Services and IT Consulting
- Company size
- 1,001-5,000 employees
- Artificial Intelligent, Internet of Things, Mobile, Blockchain, Smart City / Buildings, Network, Hardware, Graphic Design, and Software Development