PRINCIPAL IOS ENGINEER
1,001-5,000 employees · IT Services and IT Consulting
About the job
The role of the Principal iOS Engineer is a technical advisor to the leadership, coach for all fellows on your stack and a role model in acting for the whole organisation. You will guide & support around 25 iOS Engineers, work closely together with the Engineering Managers of the Rider domain, advise them on new implementations, people development and how to scale their systems. The iOS Principal is leading technical projects across their stack and drives for innovation and MVP thinking.
If you love technology, innovation and have solution-oriented thinking, HERE IS YOUR CHANCE!
You can join us in either one of the countries we are operating. This includes: Spain, Germany, Portugal, Italy, France, Poland, UK, Ireland, Austria, Greece and remote working*.
- Coach and mentor engineers in your discipline towards seniority and technical competencies
- Active participation in code and architecture reviews as well as architectural decision records
- Be a consultant to our Engineering Managers on promotions, hiring and performance reviews
- You are responsible for scalability, reliability and health of the iOS Chapter
- Set the iOS technology strategy for Rider. Raise visibility or long-term issues in your discipline and advise Engineering Managers and Department Leaders on how and when to tackle them
- Establish and live our technical mission as role model and advocate
- Support the identification of the most important tech priorities
- Maintain a current understanding of industry standards and trends
- Hands-on development on proof of concepts and evaluation of new technologies
- Influence your discipline positively on technical decisions, discussions, innovation and mindset
- You will report to the VP Engineering and work very closely together with other (Android+Backend) Principals and other senior leaders of the Rider Domain
- Collaborate with your peers from different domains and disciplines to ensure timely delivery of tech topics
To be successful in this role you need:
- You have worked as a Senior iOS Engineer or higher function for at least five years
- Experience in mentoring and developing engineers
- You can collaborate with a strong engineering team and enable the engineers to promote, propose and implement their solutions
- You are a technical servant leader by heart and love to support your colleagues by working hands-on with them together
- Experience in improving the environment in which you are working, for technology, methodology, and team collaboration
- Passion for challenging problems and the ability to work with different teams identifying architectural boundaries and platform interfaces
- You have strong and well reasoned opinions about technologies, patterns and architecture
- High level of creativity, there’s all the freedom to think outside the box
- Strong interpersonal skills with excellent communication in English
And it would be awesome if you have:
- Worked as Principal Engineer or Software Architect in larger environments
- Experience with Modularisation, solutions and patterns that scale across application size, complexity and number of contributors that work on the project
- legal entities: France, Spain, Germany, Austria, Portugal, Italy, England, Ireland, Poland & Greece
Diversity and inclusion:
At FREE NOW, we commit to being an equal opportunity employer. We consider qualified applicants regardless of race, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability or age. We celebrate diversity and have a clear vision: to be the place where a diverse mix of talented people want to come, stay and do their best work. Together with passionate, creative and collaborative colleagues, we are following our purpose of making mobility available for everyone.
Move like you
At FREE NOW we have colleagues from over 70 nations! We value open communication and welcome everyone as they are. We are all one team and follow the same goals – that’s why we share our insights and results to get on track together every month.
Your wellness and work-life balance matters to us. We offer trust-based and flexible working hours as well as the option to work from home. In the office, you can enjoy our free drinks and daily fresh fruit. Do you like to be active? Take part in our subsidised gym membership. Bigger plans? Take a sabbatical leave and get out there!
Let’s grow together! We believe in a transparent career growth plan, quarterly development sessions with your team lead as well as regular 1:1s to help you thrive! For your own ideas, you’re welcome to set up initiatives and projects.
Need a lift? We offer Udemy e-learning platform, subsidised language classes, internal peer-to-peer trainings and more to support your learning & development opportunities.
12% Off All Orders Hansen’s has everything you need to keep you looking and feeling coastal cool.
12% Off All Orders Hansen's is one of the oldest and largest surf shops in Southern California. With over 55 years doing business in Encinitas CA we have one of the most recognized names in surf retai
Limited Edition UCE-13 PLUS Water Ionizer in Matte Black 40% Off + 7 FREE Gifts with code: HAPPYTIMES at checkout. Shop Now!
Happy New Year Sale! Lowest Prices Ever! Use code: HAPPYTIMES at checkout for 7 FREE Gifts with purchase of a water ionizer. Shop Now!
38% Off Tyent's ACE-13 Above-Counter Extreme Water Ionizer - Lowest Price Ever! Plus, 7 FREE Gifts with code: HAPPYTIMES at checkout. Shop Now!
35% Off Tyent's NEW UCE-13 PLUS (in Satin Silver) Water Ionizer - Lowest Price Ever! Plus, 7 FREE Gifts with code: HAPPYTIMES at checkout. Shop Now!
34% Off Tyent's H2 Hybrid Ionizer - Lowest Price Ever! Plus, 7 FREE Gifts with code: HAPPYTIMES at checkout. Shop Now!
33% Off Tyent's EDGE-9 Turbo Water Ionizer - Lowest Price Ever! Plus, 7 FREE Gifts with code: HAPPYTIMES at checkout. Shop Now!
Up to 33% Off Tyent's NEW UCE-13 PLUS Water Ionizer + 7 FREE Gifts with code: PRESIDENT22 at checkout. Shop Now!