SENIOR C# DEVELOPER
About the job
At XE, we live currencies. We provide a comprehensive range of currency services and products, including our Currency Converter, Market Analysis, Currency Data API and quick, easy, secure Money Transfers for individuals and businesses. We leverage technology to deliver these services through our website, mobile apps and over the phone.
Last year, we helped nearly 300 million people access information about the currencies that matter to them and over 350,000 people used us to send money overseas. Thousands of businesses relied on us for information about the currency markets, advice on managing their foreign exchange risk or trusted us with their business-critical international payments.
At XE, we share the belief that behind every currency exchange, query or transaction is a person or business trying to accomplish something important, so we work together to develop new and better currency services that put our customers first.
We are proud to be part of Euronet Worldwide (Nasdaq: EEFT), a global leader in processing secure electronic financial transactions. Under Euronet, we have brought together our three key brands – XE, HiFX and Ria Money Transfer – to become the business that XE is today.
Xe has made great progress along an exciting transition to Agile ways of working. Our teams have embraced the Scrum framework. We are driving software craftsmanship through chapters and guilds. Most of our repos are now aligned to faster container-based deployments with CI/CD pipelines. We are looking for passionate developers who would like to join us on this journey.
In this role, you will work in an agile fashion to deliver and own a new mobile and web application built upon a robust and highly available shared, headless API back-end.
In This Role You Will
- Contribute to the full software development lifecycle of the Xe Consumer App, Web application and supporting services.
- Mentor and support junior developers in your team, including through pair-programming and code reviews. Actively participate in coding chapters and workshops.
- Use your relevant experience and knowledge to drive technical design discussions and decisions.
- Continually learn new skills and technology.
- Work to a fortnightly cadence, with a focus on value delivery and continuous improvement.
- Grab opportunities to inject your experience and knowledge to your teams decision making process.
- Collaborate with Product Owners, UX designers and architects to find the most appropriate solution or approach.
- Be part of a growing team which delights and excites millions of our customers resulting in increased revenue through App or Web of 20%.
- Proven experience as a Senior Developer or similar role
- 5+ years of professional experience developing responsive web applications in an Agile environment using and supporting fully automated CI/CD pipelines
- Experience in developing web applications built with C#.
- Eager to learn and share knowledge. Ability to adapt quickly and develop in-depth technical understanding of new applications and complex technologies
- Must produce clean, effective and maintainable code. Solid TDD/unit test practitioner
- Strong data structure and algorithms skills.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Strong can-do attitude. Be a passionate team player who focuses on whatever is necessary to meet the Sprint goal, including occasionally supporting with QA work or collaborating with DevOps
- Experienced in .Net Core and distributed, scalable, resilient system development and associated best practices
- Experience of building Microservice Architectures using .Net Core v3, REST or GraphQL
- Experience working at a Fintech or web/mobile agency plus some exposure to Enterprise
- Experience of deploying into AWS and using native services like SQS, DynamoDB, Aurora, Kinesis, Lambdas
- Event Source Architectures, Eventual Consistency models
- Master's Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related discipline.
- Practical knowledge of SOLID principles and Gang of Four design patterns.
- Competitive salary, plus on-target 10% bonus
- 23 days holiday (increasing with service 1 day per annum, capped at 30 days - plus birthday day-off)
- Group pension plan 4% employer contribution
- Euronet Employee Share Purchase Plan (ESPP)
- Healthcare Insurance Scheme, Income Protection Scheme, Life Assurance Scheme
- Critical Illness Cover
12% Off All Orders Hansen’s has everything you need to keep you looking and feeling coastal cool.
12% Off All Orders Hansen's is one of the oldest and largest surf shops in Southern California. With over 55 years doing business in Encinitas CA we have one of the most recognized names in surf retai
Limited Edition UCE-13 PLUS Water Ionizer in Matte Black 40% Off + 7 FREE Gifts with code: HAPPYTIMES at checkout. Shop Now!
Happy New Year Sale! Lowest Prices Ever! Use code: HAPPYTIMES at checkout for 7 FREE Gifts with purchase of a water ionizer. Shop Now!
38% Off Tyent's ACE-13 Above-Counter Extreme Water Ionizer - Lowest Price Ever! Plus, 7 FREE Gifts with code: HAPPYTIMES at checkout. Shop Now!
35% Off Tyent's NEW UCE-13 PLUS (in Satin Silver) Water Ionizer - Lowest Price Ever! Plus, 7 FREE Gifts with code: HAPPYTIMES at checkout. Shop Now!
34% Off Tyent's H2 Hybrid Ionizer - Lowest Price Ever! Plus, 7 FREE Gifts with code: HAPPYTIMES at checkout. Shop Now!
33% Off Tyent's EDGE-9 Turbo Water Ionizer - Lowest Price Ever! Plus, 7 FREE Gifts with code: HAPPYTIMES at checkout. Shop Now!
Up to 33% Off Tyent's NEW UCE-13 PLUS Water Ionizer + 7 FREE Gifts with code: PRESIDENT22 at checkout. Shop Now!