1,001-5,000 employees · Software Development
About the job
We’re at the forefront of the data revolution, committed to building the world’s greatest data and applications platform. Our ‘get it done’ culture allows everyone at Snowflake to have an equal opportunity to innovate on new ideas, create work with a lasting impact, and excel in a culture of collaboration.
There is only one Data Cloud. Snowflake’s founders started from scratch and designed a data platform built for the cloud that is effective, affordable, and accessible to all data users. But it didn’t stop there. They engineered Snowflake to power the Data Cloud, where thousands of organizations unlock the value of their data with near-unlimited scale, concurrency, and performance. This is our vision: a world with endless insights to tackle the challenges and opportunities of today and reveal the possibilities of tomorrow.
Are you looking to be part of the team that is shaking up the data management and analytics industry? Do you want to blaze new trails and execute on solutions marketing to key industry verticals and personas? We’re growing fast and looking for a highly talented, driven and self-motivated marketing professional. Over 6,300 companies have deployed Snowflake to modernize how they access their data, enable rapid analytics, and derive data-driven insights for their business users. In this role you will help drive the next wave of adoption.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Build and execute a complete competitive intelligence and competitive marketing strategy for strategic competitors.
- Monitor and report on key industry trends, ensuring timely updates as major competitive shifts occur.
- Train and partner with sales to enable them to understand and successfully articulate Snowflake value proposition relative to competitors
- Triage inbound competitive intel requests from sales, supporting competitive sales cycles as appropriate .
- Be an excellent communicator who can engage Snowflake executives and teams across functions and who can engage external stakeholders.
WHAT YOU HAVE:
- 10+ years of proven product or competitive marketing experience ideally to data management or analytics
- Solid understanding of data management and analytics landscape and vendors relevant strengths and weaknesses
- Cross-functional team management, influence without authority, including senior management
- A “never lose” mindset with a keen ability to paint competitors into corners
- A command for writing with excellent composition skills
- Excellent speaking and communication skills
- Technical- and business-benefit understanding of prevailing and emerging analytics technologies, on-premises and in the cloud
- Strong project and organizational skills with the ability to optimally structure and prioritize work
- An ability to thrive in a fast-paced startup environment
- BS/BA degree in a related technical field
- Willingness to travel up to 15% of time
- MBA degree strongly preferred
Snowflake is growing fast, and we’re scaling our team to help enable and accelerate our growth. We are looking for people who share our values, challenge ordinary thinking, and push the pace of innovation while building a future for themselves and Snowflake.