11-50 employees · Staffing and Recruiting
About the job
Senior Full Stack Developer - Front Office/Python/React - required by leading investment bank based in Canary Wharf - contract - hybrid
Agile Business Solutions is a technology team that works closely with the business users to deliver high impact solutions with a short time to market. These solutions address immediate business problems and typically serve as pathfinders for future functionality in core strategic systems.
Partner with business users and other technology teams to deliver solutions that:
- Enable new business opportunities
- Reduce operational risk by automating manual processes
- Facilitate analysis of historical Big Data sets
- Integrate solutions with existing services and create new services as appropriate.
- Conform to high engineering standards following the key Agile and DevOps principles.
The Derivatives & Delta One business competes in a highly dynamic, constantly evolving marketplace. Frequently new business opportunities or client requests will emerge requiring technology solutions.
While many of these requests can be delivered within the core systems, some of these requests are too time sensitive to fit into the delivery plans of these systems.
The ABS (Agile Business Solutions) team caters for these situations, providing robust solutions in these time critical situations that then serve as working prototypes for the core streams to absorb the functionality over time.
The types of applications we develop fall broadly into three categories: tools that allow the desk to price products to clients, tools that allow the calibration of pricing models, based on current market data, and tools that allow the desk to analyse current data and look for efficiencies, trading opportunities or products that fit better a client profile.
We aim to build modular, easy to maintain, adaptable code that can scale; to do that we rely on good programming practices, microservices architecture and leverage cloud and container technologies.
As the requirements change quickly, depending on market opportunities or client requirements faced by the desk, we adopt the agile framework and work closely with the trading desk through all the steps of project, including requirement gathering, technical decisions, project management, user feedback and testing.
Background of delivering software using an iterative Agile approach.
Previous experience and knowledge of Equity Derivatives and/or Delta 1 desirable (but not essential).
Proven record of accomplishment in owning and driving success delivery to business users.
Comfortable dealing directly with users to understand requirements and explore solutions
Ability to focus on multiple projects simultaneously
- 5+ years of python development experience
- Experience of developing Web-based UIs (either React or Angular)
- Understanding of HTTP and REST based architectures
- Basic knowledge of relational databases and SQL
- Any experience with tools such as TeamCity, Kubernetes, OpenShift and Amazon Web Services would be beneficial.
- Open and collaborative communication
- Experience and aptitude of Agile and DevOps approaches - eg continuous integration, test automation, frequent releases, containerization
- Ability and willingness to take personal responsibility for timeliness and quality of delivery
- Strong collaborative communication with business users and other technology teams
- Culture of continuous improvement - always striving to approve the processes and practice of self and others
- Comfortable with giving and receiving open and honest feedback
Please apply within for further detail or call
Matt Holmes - Harvey Nash