Full-time · Mid-Senior level
10,001+ employees · IT Services and IT Consulting
About the job
At Amazon, our vision is to be earth’s most customer-centric company. In 2006, we launched Amazon Web Services, giving customers access to the same cloud technology we built to serve millions of shoppers on Amazon.com. Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a secure cloud services platform, offering computing power, database storage, content delivery, and other functionality to help businesses scale and grow. Millions of businesses are using AWS cloud solutions to build sophisticated applications with increased flexibility, scalability and reliability.
As a trusted advisor you’ll have a direct impact in helping our customers gain the most value from cloud technology. You’ll craft and execute strategies to drive our customers’ adoption and use of AWS services. This includes a range of products including EC2, S3, DynamoDB & RDS databases, Lambda, CloudFront CDN, IoT and many more.
Our Technical Account Managers partner with some of the most iconic businesses in the country. These range from rising startups building their business from scratch through to large enterprises going through significant transformation. You’ll provide advice on architecture, support strategy, project, and launch planning as well as ongoing operational issues.
See What The Team Say About Their Roles
- You’ll build solutions, provide technical guidance and advocate for the customer
- Ensure AWS environments remain operationally healthy whilst reducing cost and complexity
- Develop trusting relationships with customers, understanding their business needs and technical challenges
- Using your technical acumen and customer obsession, you’ll drive technical discussions regarding incidents, trade-offs, and risk management
- Consult with a range of partners from developers through to C-suite executives
- Collaborate with AWS Solutions Architects, Business Developers, Professional Services Consultants, and Sales Account Managers
- With a bias for action, you'll proactively find opportunities for customers to gain additional value from AWS
- Provide detailed reviews of service disruptions, metrics, detailed pre-launch planning
- Solve a variety of problems across different customers as they migrate their workloads to the cloud
- Uplift customer capabilities by running workshops, brown bag sessions, etc.
As we continue to rapidly expand in EMEA, you’ll have plenty of opportunities to develop your technical, consulting and leadership skills. You’ll work with talented cloud technologists whilst expanding your knowledge of AWS products. You’ll also have the chance to receive mentor-ship and gain AWS certifications.
Do you want to be part of history and transform businesses through cloud computing adoption? We would love to hear from you.
We’re passionate about supporting the needs of our people and their family members. Benefits include Healthcare, Employee Assistance Programs and Global Mobility opportunities.
- Experience in a similar role as a Technical Account Manager, Consultant, Solutions Architect, Platform Engineer, Systems Engineer, Cloud Architect etc.
- Understand operational parameters and troubleshooting for a combination of the following: Compute, Storage, Networking, CDN, Databases, DevOps, Big Data and Analytics, Security, Applications Development
- Internal enterprise or external customer-facing experience with the ability to clearly articulate to small and large audiences
- Ability to juggle tasks and projects in a fast-paced environment
- Customer obsessed
- Professional experience with cloud offerings such as AWS, Azure, Google Cloud Platform etc.
- Programming or scripting skills with a combination of Java, Python Perl, Ruby, C#, and/or PHP a plus but not a requirement
- Previous experience as a Software Engineer, Developer, DevOps Engineer etc.
- Understanding of DevOps practices and tools including Continuous Integration / Deployment, Puppet, Docker, Kubernetes, Chef is a plus
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Female / Minority / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy/eu) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy_page) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.
Our inclusive culture empowers Amazonians to deliver the best results for our customers. If you have a disability and need an adjustment during the application and hiring process, including support for the interview or onboarding process, please contact the Applicant-Candidate Accommodation Team (ACAT), Monday through Friday from 7:00 am GMT - 4:00 pm GMT. If calling directly from the United Kingdom, please dial +44 800 086 9884 (tel:+448000869884). If calling from Ireland, please dial +353 1800 851 489 (tel:+3531800851489).
Company - AWS EMEA SARL (UK Branch)
Job ID: A2200273