10,001+ employees · IT Services and IT Consulting
About the job
Expleo is a trusted partner for end-to-end, integrated engineering, quality services and management consulting for digital transformation. We help businesses harness unrelenting technological change to successfully deliver innovations that will help them gain a competitive advantage and improve the everyday lives of people around the globe.
We are looking to form a team of Software Engineers to design and implement part of a Software System for the defence industry.
The project is now at the detailed design phase, so we are looking to form a balanced team of engineers to design the system (UML in Enterprise Architect) and implement it (JAVA).
This project is expected to last 18 months.
- Technical Leadership and Customer Interaction - For Team Lead Role only
- Software design (UML and EA)
- Review software design
- Implementation of design in JAVA
- Test of design
- Production of appropriate documentation for the System.
- Experience of Leading a Team on Complex Software Projects - For Team Lead Role only
- Customer Point of Contact - Experience of being the customer interface and communicating status to seniors - For Team Lead Role only
- Demonstrable strengths in design and implementation is more important to us that an arbitrary number of years of experience.
- UML (Enterprise Architect or other equivalent)
- Java for implementation
- Experience with software development in a highly complex and process driven environment (e.g. DO-178B)
What Do I Need Before I Apply
- Due to Security Restrictions - this work can only be undertaken by UK Nationals (dual nationality is not permitted).
- Occassional willingness to travel to customer site (2 hrs from Bristol)
- Collaborative working environment – we stand shoulder to shoulder with our clients and our peers through good times and challenges
- We empower all passionate technology loving professionals by allowing them to expand their skills and take part in inspiring projects
- Expleo Academy - enables you to acquire and develop the right skills by delivering a suite of accredited training courses
- Competitive company benefits such as medical and dental insurance, pension, life assurance, employee wellbeing programme, sports and social events, birthday hampers and much more!
- Always working as one team, our people are not afraid to think big and challenge the status quo
- Hybrid working is possible as the contract matures, initial expectation is work is undertaken from Expleo office in Bristol.