About the job
Come build the future of entertainment with us.
Are you interested in shaping the future of movies and television? Do you want to define the next generation of how and what Amazon customers are watching?
Prime Video is a premium streaming service that offers customers a vast collection of TV shows and movies - all with the ease of finding what they love to watch in one place. We offer customers thousands of popular movies and TV shows from Originals and Exclusive content to exciting live sports events. We also offer our members the opportunity to subscribe to add-on channels which they can cancel at anytime and to rent or buy new release movies and TV box sets on the Prime Video Store. Prime Video is a fast-paced, growth business - available in over 240 countries and territories worldwide. The team works in a dynamic environment where innovating on behalf of our customers is at the heart of everything we do. If this sounds exciting to you, please read on.”
Candidates will have an understanding of stable, scalable systems that have been successfully deployed in a business setting. You will be passionate about technology with a focus on the customer experience and great teamwork.
You will work as part of one of our small Agile teams, launching and growing new initiatives for Amazon's global business. As an engineer, you can be involved in every aspect of the process - from idea generation, business analysis and technical design through to development and deployment across a variety of technologies - giving you a real sense of ownership. Together we build systems which meet high standards of performance and reliability and operate at massive scale.
Amazon is a place where builders can build. We're looking for engineers who can delight customers by continually learning and inventing. From day one, you'll be working with experienced engineers, designers and applied scientists who love what they do.
- Experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
- Non-internship professional software development experience
- Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
- Computer Science or related degree/postgraduate study. In lieu of an appropriate degree, relevant skills and experience will be considered.
- Knowledge of computer science fundamentals including a broad range of algorithms and data-structures.
- Written and verbal English communication skills
- Experience operating and maintaining production software.
- Experience mentoring and coaching others.
- Demonstrated best-practice software engineering including some aspects of agile methodologies, unit testing, refactoring, code reviews, continuous build and deployment processes.
- Advanced coding skills (concurrency, profiling and performance optimization).
- Designed and built complex systems (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling).
- Linux/UNIX (command-line tools, shell scripts, operations).
We offer a strong benefits package including healthcare. This is your opportunity to develop a rewarding career, work in a unique environment, and be part of a passionate and international team to work hard, have fun and make history!
Please let us know if you have any special requirements in relation to this recruitment process
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy_page) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.
Our inclusive culture empowers Amazonians to deliver the best results for our customers. If you have a disability and need an adjustment during the application and hiring process, including support for the interview or onboarding process, please contact the Applicant-Candidate Accommodation Team (ACAT), Monday through Friday from 7:00 am GMT - 4:00 pm GMT. If calling directly from the United Kingdom, please dial +44 800 086 9884 (tel:+448000869884). If calling from Ireland, please dial +353 1800 851 489 (tel:+3531800851489).
Company - Amazon Dev Centre (London) Ltd
Job ID: A2232007