About the job
Come build the future of entertainment with us! Are you interested in shaping the future of movies and television? Do you want to define the next generation of how and what Amazon customers are watching?
Prime Video is a premium streaming service that offers customers a vast collection of TV shows and movies - all with the ease of finding what they love to watch in one place. We offer customers thousands of popular movies and TV shows from Originals and Exclusive content to exciting live sports events. We also offer our members the opportunity to subscribe to add-on channels which they can cancel at any time and to rent or buy new release movies and TV box sets on the Prime Video Store. Prime Video is a fast-paced, growth business - available in over 240 countries and territories worldwide. The team works in a dynamic environment where innovating on behalf of our customers is at the heart of everything we do. If this sounds exciting to you, please read on.
Key job responsibilities
As an engineer on the Prime Video Network Edge team, you will help us create a highly resilient system to meet the ever-growing demands of bigger and more frequent Live Events. You work with teams across all of Prime Video, and your work will directly impact all of Prime Video's customers. As we operate at a massive scale you will help us solve problems which are unique for Prime Video and Amazon as a whole. This offers plenty of opportunity for growth, as you will be able to help shape the future of Prime Video's architecture.
A day in the life
You will work as part of one of our agile teams, launching and growing new initiatives for Prime Video. As an engineer, you are involved in every aspect of the process - from idea generation, technical design to development and deployment. You use the latest AWS technologies to build highly resilient and scaleable systems which are critical in ensuring the continued growth of Prime Video, and ensure those systems meet our high bar of operational excellence.
About The Team
The Prime Video Network Edge team handles all requests from millions of customers worldwide. This network border must be highly available, secure and low latency to meet the scale of the ever-growing Prime Video service.
- Experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
- Non-internship professional software development experience
- Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
- Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design.
- Evidence of working with algorithms, data-structures, efficiency, concurrency, performance optimization.
- Evidence of working with object-oriented development and design patterns.
- OS fundamentals and systems architecture.
- Cloud computing, large-scale and high-availability distributed architecture.
- Experience working in an Agile environment.
- Strong analytical and excellent problem solving skills.
- Strong written and verbal English communications skills.
- Familiar with the entire software development life cycle (coding standards, source control, build process, testing and operations).
- Track record of ownership, focus on the end customer and delivering the right results.
- Hands-on experience building scalable high volume systems
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy_page) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.
Our inclusive culture empowers Amazonians to deliver the best results for our customers. If you have a disability and need an adjustment during the application and hiring process, including support for the interview or onboarding process, please contact the Applicant-Candidate Accommodation Team (ACAT), Monday through Friday from 7:00 am GMT - 4:00 pm GMT. If calling directly from the United Kingdom, please dial +44 800 086 9884 (tel:+448000869884). If calling from Ireland, please dial +353 1800 851 489 (tel:+3531800851489).
Company - Amazon Dev Centre (London) Ltd
Job ID: A2107911