Software Engineer – Telephony
Location – Lochside, Edinburgh , Milton Keynes, Widnes
In a nutshell
As a Software Engineer, you will build and maintain a suite of high performant and resilient contact center application providing an outstanding user experience for our customers. You will work as part of an agile development team, helping to build a high performing culture where quality matters and delivery happens at pace.
What You Need To Do
- Develop high quality, clean and maintainable code with automated test
- Support team in progressing product feature from development to live
- Troubleshoot and assist team with production issues
- Collaborate with other teams
- Have excellent interpersonal skills
What You Need To Know And Show
- To help us develop new product features and improve existing ones across a variety of projects.
- To collaborate with other engineers, product managers, and designers to deliver an amazing product experience for our customers.
- To contribute new ideas for developing features and refactoring areas of code.
- To share and celebrate what you’ve learned by talking in our Digital Huddle.
- To further develop and flex your technical skills and practices.
In addition to the all-important competitive salary, pension & bonus offering, we totally get that life outside work is important to us all. So, we want to shout out some of our other great benefits…
- We offer flexible working to help you achieve a good work/life balance.
- Opportunity to buy extra holidays is on the table.
- Discounts on your weekly shop, buying a laptop or sofa? We’ve got it covered through your Sainsbury’s, Argos and Habitat store discount card.
- Cycle to work scheme and great coffee and cake!
A Little About Us & Our Culture
We’re proud of our heritage as the UK’s first supermarket bank. As digital technology drives the banking landscape we want to be at the cutting edge of this technology, offering award winning innovative digital banking products to our customers. Technology is where we see our growth therefore, we need innovators to join us and drive the next phase of our evolution.
We’re a friendly bunch who collectively share a passion to make our customers’ financial lives easier. As part of the wider Sainsbury’s Group, being one of the UK’s most trusted brands, it brings our colleagues a wealth of opportunities to fulfil their potential. Here, you can be part of something bigger and help to create a new approach that puts the customer at the heart of everything we do.
Everyone is welcome at the Sainsbury’s Group, and we’re proud to be an equal opportunities employer that champions a diverse and inclusive culture that reflects the diversity of the communities we serve.
Work-life balance is important to us, so we offer our colleagues as much flexibility as possible in line with the needs of their role. We trust them to decide how, where and when they work, combining remote and collaborative working with a flexible approach to hours within their working days, giving plenty of time and space for life outside of work whilst delivering against our business goals.
If you’re interested in applying and are excited about working with us but are unsure if you have the right skills and experience – we’d still love to hear from you! We’d also be happy to discuss more flexible working options such as job shares and part time working.
As this role involves working within a regulated environment any offer will be subject to satisfactory background checks including criminal record check, credit check, fraud check and employment references.