Software Engineer - Core iOS
London, England, United Kingdom Remote
- Full-time · Mid-Senior level
- 1,001-5,000 employees · Internet Publishing
- Actively recruiting
About the job:-
Have you ever wondered what happens under the hood when you hit “Build”? Do you often think of ways to improve code deployment systems? Or have an opinion on what makes a quality acceptance test? If so, you may be the next Core iOS engineer at Yelp.
Yelp’s Core iOS team is part of our Engineering Effectiveness group, responsible for creating and maintaining the infrastructure that facilitates iOS app development. The tools we build and platforms we maintain allow Yelp’s feature teams to focus their time and effort on shipping products that bring value to the company. We see ourselves as infrastructure engineers with a passion for iOS development and empathy for the community of iOS engineers that we support.
If you’re an iOS engineer who’s new to the infrastructure space but eager to learn, we’d love to hear what you could bring to the team.
Where You Come In
- Ensure Yelp’s iOS community can leverage Apple’s latest and greatest tools
- Support and improve on Yelp’s iOS Jenkins pipelines
- Help maintain a high-quality bar for Yelp’s iOS app releases
- Keep a pulse on any new technologies that can promote effectiveness in Yelp’s iOS engineering community
- Mentor other engineers and share the skills you’ve learned
- Continue to learn, grow, and help us take on brand new challenges
What It Takes To Succeed
- Several years of relevant industry experience
- Capable of working independently and comfortable coordinating with peers in North American time zones
- An understanding of the iOS platform (e.g., Xcode, Swift)
- Familiarity or an eagerness to learn the following: Xcode build architecture; the Jenkins CI system; the Carthage dependency management system; UNIX shell, Git-based workflows, and building command-line tools
- Strong grasp of software systems design and architecture
What You’ll Get
- Full responsibility for projects from day one, an awesome team, and a dynamic work environment
- Competitive salary with equity in the company, a pension scheme, and an optional employee stock purchase program
- 25 days paid holiday initially (rising to 29 with service), plus one floating holiday
- Private health insurance, including dental and vision
- Flexible working hours and meeting-free Wednesdays
- Regular 3-day Hackathons and weekly learning groups, always with interesting topics
- Opportunities to participate in digital events and conferences
- Public transportation season ticket loan and £58 per month toward any wellness activity of your choice
- Central location, a fully stocked kitchen, adjustable sitting/standing desks, quarterly offsites, locally roasted coffee, happy hours, and more!
Yelp values diversity. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer and consider qualified applicants without regard to Age, Disability, Gender Reassignment, Marriage or Civil Partnership, Pregnancy and Maternity, Race, Religion or Belief, Sex.