10,001+ employees · Software Development
About the job
The Developer Experience team is responsible for providing an environment of software development workflows and tools that enables all the Booking.com developers to do their best work and to build awesome travel products. We accomplish this by providing a fast, safe and easy to use path from concept to production without unneeded distractions. This scope includes the following topics:
- Language stack support for Java, Node, Perl frameworks and their integrations in the Booking.com ecosystem.
- Core developer lifecycle tools like Gitlab, Artifactory, SonarQube, Sourcegraph, dev and test environments, CI and Centralised build tooling (Bazel and others), Harness CD and Apigee API gateway.
As a Software Engineer, you are responsible for the design, development, operations, performance, and scaling of our infrastructure that we develop and run our Booking.com travel products on.
Important Aspects Of The Job Include
- Rapidly developing and operating scalable, flexible, and high-performance infrastructure systems on premise and in the cloud;
- Overall system architecture, scalability, reliability, and performance;
- Operational support, triage and solve issues with internal systems, prioritizing based on customer impact;
- Acting as an intermediary for problems, with both technical and non-technical audiences;
- Participating in code and design reviews to maintain our high development standards;
- Contributing to the growth of Booking.com through interviewing, on-boarding, or other recruitment efforts.
- Apply good engineering and security practices for the systems you build.
- Knowledge of automated software testing, continuous integration, release management.
- A data-driven approach to problem solving and optimization. Service-minded, team player. Good problem solving and communication skills.
We are looking for driven developers who enjoy solving problems, who initiate solutions and discussions and who believe that any challenge can be scaled with the right mindset and tools.
We have found that people who match the following requirements are the ones who fit us best:
- Experienced debugging, diagnosing, and trouble-shooting complex production software;
- Demonstrate best practices when developing and maintaining services built on microservice architecture.
- Strong understanding of system performance and scaling;
- Experience with creating and maintaining tools that facilitate the development and deployment process of projects in the NodeJS ecosystem, including build and CI/CD pipelines is a plus;
- Write very high quality code that is robust and easy to maintain;
- Preferably a university/master degree in Mathematics or Software Engineering;
- Excellent communication; written and spoken;
- Performance-based company that offers career advancement, and lucrative compensation, including bonuses and stock potential
- Discount on Booking.com accommodations with the “Booking Deal” including other perks and benefits
- Diverse, unique colleagues from every corner of the world
Booking.com is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. We strive to move well beyond traditional equal opportunity and work to create an environment that allows everyone to thrive.
Pre- Employment Screening
If your application is successful, your personal data may be used for a pre-employment screening check by a third party as permitted by applicable law. Depending on the vacancy and applicable law, a pre-employment screening may include employment history, education and other information (such as media information) that may be necessary for determining your qualifications and suitability for the position.