SOFTWARE ENGINEER - SIMULATION & MODELLING
About the job
Airbus is one of the world’s largest space businesses, working with technologies designed to travel to infinity and beyond. From satellites providing our planet with images and communications, to rovers that wonder foreign planets, and the rockets that launch them there…we make it happen, we make it fly!
Do you want to work in the space industry and learn how a satellite flies? Are you interested in participating in the success of space exploration and science missions? Are you looking for a hybrid role combining software development and aerospace engineering? Where the work you do will matter and impact generations to come? Then we would like to speak to you!
We want you to apply your problem solving and software engineering skills towards the design and development of complex software solutions for the spacecraft industry. We have a number of new and interesting projects on the horizon covering topics like Earth Observation & Navigation, Telecommunication and Deep Space Science missions.
About The Role
You will responsible for the design, development and integration of specific modules of the simulator as well as for the support of the technical exchange with other space engineering disciplines. You will work closely with the system engineering teams to ensure the successful development and delivery of the test benches used to validate our spacecraft and rovers.
The main technical activities include: technical requirements analysis, software design and implementation, technical follow up with external teams, system integration, testing and delivery of the benches. The underlying software implementation is C++, with Java used as the test language. The simulator is developed and run in a Linux environment.
In order to be successful in this role, you will require the following experience:
- Object Oriented analysis & design using UML (or similar)
- Knowledge on Object Oriented programming languages, predominately C++ & Java
- Knowledge on testing methodologies and unit testing frameworks
- Desktop application/tool development using a client/server architectures
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills, with an ability to explain technical things to non-technical people
- Knowledge of machine-to-machine communication protocols
- Well-versed in software development life cycle
- Best practice design patterns and effective coding practices
- A good knowledge of development domains, frameworks and utilities
- Practical knowledge of Unix/Linux operating systems
Knowledge and experience in the following areas would give you a further advantage:
- Continuous integration and continuous deployment
- Spacecraft avionics systems
- ECSS software standards
- SpaceWire, MilSTD 1553, ECSS PUS, CAN data protocols
Not 100% match for the role? No worries! Airbus will support your professional development and invests in your learning journey/continuous learning.
What We Can Offer You
- A competitive salary with annual profit share
- An ever growing list of company benefits including enhanced pay for maternity, paternity, adoption and shared parental leave and generous pension contributions
- Very strong, very real career development options across our transnational, market leading company
- A hybrid working pattern of 2 to 3 days per week in the office and 2 to 3 days remotely
- Flexible hours - 37 per week with no core hours on Friday afternoons!
Many of our staff work flexibly in many different ways, including home working. Please talk to us at interview about the flexibility you need. We can’t promise to give you exactly what you want, but we do promise not to judge you for asking.
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
AIRBUS Defence and Space Limited
Permanent Contract / CDI / Unbefristet / Contrato indefinido
Professional / Expérimenté(e) / Professionell / Profesional
By submitting your CV or application you are consenting to Airbus using and storing information about you for monitoring purposes relating to your application or future employment. This information will only be used by Airbus.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.
Airbus is, and always has been, committed to equal opportunities for all. As such, we will never ask for any type of monetary exchange in the frame of a recruitment process. Any impersonation of Airbus to do so should be reported to firstname.lastname@example.org.
At Airbus, we support you to work, connect and collaborate more easily and flexibly. Wherever possible, we foster flexible working arrangements to stimulate innovative thinking.
12% Off All Orders Hansen’s has everything you need to keep you looking and feeling coastal cool.
12% Off All Orders Hansen's is one of the oldest and largest surf shops in Southern California. With over 55 years doing business in Encinitas CA we have one of the most recognized names in surf retai
Limited Edition UCE-13 PLUS Water Ionizer in Matte Black 40% Off + 7 FREE Gifts with code: HAPPYTIMES at checkout. Shop Now!
Happy New Year Sale! Lowest Prices Ever! Use code: HAPPYTIMES at checkout for 7 FREE Gifts with purchase of a water ionizer. Shop Now!
38% Off Tyent's ACE-13 Above-Counter Extreme Water Ionizer - Lowest Price Ever! Plus, 7 FREE Gifts with code: HAPPYTIMES at checkout. Shop Now!
35% Off Tyent's NEW UCE-13 PLUS (in Satin Silver) Water Ionizer - Lowest Price Ever! Plus, 7 FREE Gifts with code: HAPPYTIMES at checkout. Shop Now!
34% Off Tyent's H2 Hybrid Ionizer - Lowest Price Ever! Plus, 7 FREE Gifts with code: HAPPYTIMES at checkout. Shop Now!
33% Off Tyent's EDGE-9 Turbo Water Ionizer - Lowest Price Ever! Plus, 7 FREE Gifts with code: HAPPYTIMES at checkout. Shop Now!
Up to 33% Off Tyent's NEW UCE-13 PLUS Water Ionizer + 7 FREE Gifts with code: PRESIDENT22 at checkout. Shop Now!