Reading, England, United Kingdom Remote
- Full-time · Associate
- 1,001-5,000 employees · Computer and Network Security
- Actively recruiting
About the job
At CrowdStrike we’re on a mission - to stop breaches. Our groundbreaking technology, services delivery, and intelligence gathering together with our innovations in machine learning and behavioral-based detection, allow our customers to not only defend themselves, but do so in a future-proof manner. Because of that we’ve earned numerous honors and top rankings for our technology, organization and talent. Our culture was purpose-built to be remote first, and we offer flexible work arrangements to help our people manage their personal and professional lives in a way that works for them. If you’re ready to work on unrivaled technology with a team that makes a difference every day, let’s talk.
About The Role
Join CrowdStrike and become a key leader building the most innovative endpoint security solution in the world. Our mobile sensor development team is responsible for building the endpoint mobile sensor, deployed on multiple platforms including Android and iOS.
As an Lead Engineer in the Android Sensor team, you will be expected to both sustain the team’s growth and have an active role as a developer. This is a hands-on position where you will actively contribute to the product development. After an initial period spent building your knowledge of our codebase to become a subject matter expert, there while be an opportunity to start managing a small team of engineers.
As a Developer, You Will
- make significant contributions to the design and implementation of the Android mobile sensor
- identify innovative solutions to hard performance or scale problems
- collaborate with cross-functional teams to implement product features
Leadership Responsibilities Within This Role Will Include
- contribute to drive and deliver the mobile product roadmap
- provide technical guidance and mentorship to junior members of the team
- contribute to hiring and retaining software engineers
- resolve roadblocks and ensure projects are delivered on time
What You’ll Need
- 8-10+ years of software engineering experience in all phases of the software development lifecycle
- Low-level OS knowledge in Android and/or Linux
- Experience with Java, C++ and System Development
- Solid design and problem solving skills with focus on quality and security
- Experience leading, mentoring, and working effectively in a distributed team
- Strong collaboration and communication skills working with a variety of roles including engineering, product management, support and sales engineering
- Ability to communicate and articulate clearly at all levels from executive staff to engineers
- 1+ years of hands-on management experience leading engineering teams
- Demonstrated ability to attract and hire talent and grow the team rapidly
- Experience in the cybersecurity and intelligence industry
- Familiarity and experience with the Agile process
- Familiarity with DevOps practices and technologies
Benefits Of Working At CrowdStrike
- Remote-friendly culture
- Market leader in compensation and equity awards
- Wellness programs
- A variety of professional development and mentorship opportunities
- Open offices have stocked kitchens, coffee, soda and treats
- Inclusive culture focused on people, customers and innovation
We are committed to building an inclusive culture of belonging that not only embraces the diversity of our people but also reflects the diversity of the communities in which we work and the customers we serve. We know that the happiest and highest performing teams include people with diverse perspectives that encourage new ways of solving problems, so we strive to attract and develop talent from all backgrounds and create workplaces where everyone feels seen, heard and empowered to bring their full, authentic selves to work.
CrowdStrike is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.