SR CLOUD OPERATIONS CONSULTANT
Full-time · Mid-Senior level
10,001+ employees · IT Services and IT Consulting
About the job
Consultant, Cloud Operations Integration
Are you an infrastructure/cloud operations expert who has experience with implementing enterprise-level operational systems and processes for the AWS Cloud? Would you like to work with our customers to help them understand, plan and implement best practices around managing and operating their AWS cloud environment? Would you like a career that gives you opportunities to help customers and partners use cloud computing to do big new things faster and at lower cost? Do you want to be part of history and transform businesses through cloud computing adoption? Do you like to work on-site in a variety of business environments, leading teams through high impact projects that use the newest application technologies? Would you like a career path that enables you to progress with the rapid adoption of cloud computing?
At AWS, we are hiring the best hands-on infrastructure/cloud operations experts, who can assist our clients and partners in the integration of new, or existing, operational toolsets with the AWS platform to take advantage of the global scale, elasticity, automation and high-availability features of the AWS cloud. Our consultants will collaborate with partner and client teams to deliver proof-of-concept projects, re-usable artifacts, reference architectures, and lead implementation projects. These professional services engagements will focus on key customer solutions in large enterprises, assisting in enabling their integration with existing enterprise operational systems and processes.
Responsibilities include: As Senior Consultant you will lead complex projects with autonomy and discretion, often involving multiple Amazon and customer teams.
You will work with customers and partners, leading them through planning, prioritization and delivery of complex transformation initiatives, while collaborating with relevant Sales and Service Teams. You will design and deliver solutions that solve for new levels of complexity, scale and performance, and in turn, enable breakthrough innovations. You will create and apply frameworks, methods, best practices and artifacts that deliver prescriptive guidance to customers, and publish and present them in large forums and across various media platforms. You will guide customers’ technical architecture and investments, maximizing alignment with the AWS platform, and ease of adoption as new services and products become available.
You will help customers define target business outcomes and related work streams, and lead the subsequent projects and initiatives to consistently exceed these goals.
As an Amazonian leader you will demonstrate the Amazon Leadership Principles, coaching and mentoring others on best practices, performance and career development.
Amazon aims to be the most customer centric company on earth. Amazon Web Services (AWS) provides a highly reliable, scalable, low-cost infrastructure platform in the cloud that powers critical applications for hundreds of thousands of businesses in 190 countries around the world.
This is a customer facing role. You will be required to travel to client locations and deliver professional services when needed.
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent experience, in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or a related field
- 10+ years of experience building sophisticated and automated operational management platforms in a cloud or on-premises environment, particularly building service integration capabilities between multiple platforms
- Qualified in ITIL, TOGAF or similar ITSM frameworks, particularly focused on service operations or service transition
- Highly technical and analytical, possessing significant IT implementation and operations experience
- Deep hands-on experience working on the design, development and deployment of an enterprise supporting systems at a global scale
- Ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges in an enterprise environment
- Good experience with project management methodologies
- Strong practical Linux and Windows-based systems administration skills in a cloud and on-premises environment
- Experience with the integration of AWS cloud management services (e.g. CloudWatch, CloudTrail, IAM) with on-premise technologies from Microsoft, IBM, Oracle, HP, SAP etc.
- Building and maintaining run-book style automation or orchestration platforms in global, distributed enterprise IT environments
- Deploying and managing operations and monitoring tools such as MS System Center, HP OpenView, BMC, Tivoli, Nagios, SiteScope, etc.
- Previous experience working with CMDB and change management solutions such as Remedy, Atrium, ServiceNow, CA etc.
- Previous experience assessing, optimizing, managing, automating enterprise IT service management processes
- Previous experience implementing and managing Enterprise SIEMs and/or Operational Data Warehouse systems where logs, alerts, event info etc. are forwarded to, processed and stored
- Management of continuous integration and continuous deployment (CI/CD) servers such as Jenkins, Atlassian Dev Tools and TeamCity
- Integration and federation of identity and access management systems such as Active Directory, including management (IAM) and administration of role based, fine grained resource controls
- Understanding of virtualization technologies and system architectures that utilize load balancing, horizontal scalability and high availability
- Experience working directly with customers and partners
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy_page) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.
Our inclusive culture empowers Amazonians to deliver the best results for our customers. If you have a disability and need an adjustment during the application and hiring process, including support for the interview or onboarding process, please contact the Applicant-Candidate Accommodation Team (ACAT), Monday through Friday from 7:00 am GMT - 4:00 pm GMT. If calling directly from the United Kingdom, please dial +44 800 086 9884 (tel:+448000869884). If calling from Ireland, please dial +353 1800 851 489 (tel:+3531800851489).
Company - AWS EMEA SARL (UK Branch)
Job ID: A2200888
12% Off All Orders Hansen’s has everything you need to keep you looking and feeling coastal cool.
12% Off All Orders Hansen's is one of the oldest and largest surf shops in Southern California. With over 55 years doing business in Encinitas CA we have one of the most recognized names in surf retai
Limited Edition UCE-13 PLUS Water Ionizer in Matte Black 40% Off + 7 FREE Gifts with code: HAPPYTIMES at checkout. Shop Now!
Happy New Year Sale! Lowest Prices Ever! Use code: HAPPYTIMES at checkout for 7 FREE Gifts with purchase of a water ionizer. Shop Now!
38% Off Tyent's ACE-13 Above-Counter Extreme Water Ionizer - Lowest Price Ever! Plus, 7 FREE Gifts with code: HAPPYTIMES at checkout. Shop Now!
35% Off Tyent's NEW UCE-13 PLUS (in Satin Silver) Water Ionizer - Lowest Price Ever! Plus, 7 FREE Gifts with code: HAPPYTIMES at checkout. Shop Now!
34% Off Tyent's H2 Hybrid Ionizer - Lowest Price Ever! Plus, 7 FREE Gifts with code: HAPPYTIMES at checkout. Shop Now!
33% Off Tyent's EDGE-9 Turbo Water Ionizer - Lowest Price Ever! Plus, 7 FREE Gifts with code: HAPPYTIMES at checkout. Shop Now!
Up to 33% Off Tyent's NEW UCE-13 PLUS Water Ionizer + 7 FREE Gifts with code: PRESIDENT22 at checkout. Shop Now!