SR. SOLUTIONS ARCHITECT, DATA PLATFORM
10,001+ employees · IT Services and IT Consulting
About the job
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is seeking a Senior Solutions Architect who will support our large energy enterprise customers globally. The successful candidate will assist with the overall technology go to market strategy and the worldwide training program for Solutions Architecture teams supporting AWS’s Global Data Platform for Energy.
The Data Platform Senior Solutions Architect will be responsible for creating and driving the technical strategy with sales in the management of global Oil and Gas accounts with a complex and multi-faceted relationship with AWS.
You will partner with customers, AWS partners, and AWS teams to craft highly scalable, flexible and resilient cloud architectures that provide solutions to solve customer business problems and accelerate the adoption of AWS’s Global Data Platform.
As a trusted customer advocate, you will have the opportunity to help shape and execute a strategy to build mindshare and broad use of AWS’s Global Data Platform with enterprise customers. You will also need to be adept at interacting, communicating and partnering with other teams within AWS such as services teams, marketing, and professional services, as well as representing your team to executive management.
Key job responsibilities
- Design Customer Solutions
- Collaborate with the wider AWS teams to help customers and partners architect Data Solutions that leverage AWS Services
- Engage with Solution Architects, Account Managers, Professional Services, and Partners to define a Data Platform Engagement strategy for AWS operational territories and key accounts
- Thought Leadership – Provide thought leadership on solutions that benefit customers through the use of AWS Services. This takes the form of contribution to external publications such as the AWS Compute Blog, whitepapers and reference architectures, as well as internal training of Solutions Architects, Professional Services Consultants, Technical Account Managers, and AWS Trainers
- Serve as a key member of the business development and accounting management team in helping to ensure customer success in building and migrating applications, software and services on the AWS platform.
- Assist solution providers with the definition and implementation of technical and business strategies
- Capture and share best-practice knowledge amongst the worldwide AWS solution architect community
- Experience with Public Cloud and DevOps methodologies
- Experience collaborating with the sales team to drive customer satisfaction, exceed customer expectations, create and execute business plans to accelerate the adoption of AWS
- Extensive design/implementation/consulting experience of large-scale, enterprise applications
- Experience in infrastructure architecture, database architecture and networking
- Experience working with multi-national enterprise customers
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly
- Experience in the upstream Oil and Gas industry, with a preference for subsurface expertise
- Experience leading development of subsurface data technology roadmaps and execution of proof-of-concepts leveraging Machine Learning, BigData, IOT
- Demonstrated experience developing enterprise application architectures to meet business requirements in complex environments
- Experience in marketing and communicating industry platform solutions
- Experience with cloud solutions, virtual platforms, software development experience, and operational management practices and frameworks
- Experience in creating playbooks and scalable training programs for global Solutions Architect peers
- Understanding of security, risk and compliance frameworks, disaster recovery, high availability architectures, hardware, operating systems and networking connectivity
- Large-scale systems integration involving on-premises technology and public cloud platforms
- Strong presentation skills with a high degree of comfort speaking with customer executives, IT management and IT technologists.
- Strong written communication skills
- High level of comfort communicating effectively across customer and internal AWS organizations
- AWS certification and professional experience building solutions on AWS are desired
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy_page) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.
Company - AWS EMEA SARL (UK Branch)
Job ID: A2079972
12% Off All Orders Hansen’s has everything you need to keep you looking and feeling coastal cool.
12% Off All Orders Hansen's is one of the oldest and largest surf shops in Southern California. With over 55 years doing business in Encinitas CA we have one of the most recognized names in surf retai
Limited Edition UCE-13 PLUS Water Ionizer in Matte Black 40% Off + 7 FREE Gifts with code: HAPPYTIMES at checkout. Shop Now!
Happy New Year Sale! Lowest Prices Ever! Use code: HAPPYTIMES at checkout for 7 FREE Gifts with purchase of a water ionizer. Shop Now!
38% Off Tyent's ACE-13 Above-Counter Extreme Water Ionizer - Lowest Price Ever! Plus, 7 FREE Gifts with code: HAPPYTIMES at checkout. Shop Now!
35% Off Tyent's NEW UCE-13 PLUS (in Satin Silver) Water Ionizer - Lowest Price Ever! Plus, 7 FREE Gifts with code: HAPPYTIMES at checkout. Shop Now!
34% Off Tyent's H2 Hybrid Ionizer - Lowest Price Ever! Plus, 7 FREE Gifts with code: HAPPYTIMES at checkout. Shop Now!
33% Off Tyent's EDGE-9 Turbo Water Ionizer - Lowest Price Ever! Plus, 7 FREE Gifts with code: HAPPYTIMES at checkout. Shop Now!
Up to 33% Off Tyent's NEW UCE-13 PLUS Water Ionizer + 7 FREE Gifts with code: PRESIDENT22 at checkout. Shop Now!