STAFF TECHNICAL PROGRAM MANAGER, INFRASTRUCTURE- SLACK
10,001+ employees · Software Development
About the job
To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
Job Category Products and Technology Job Details
Staff Technical Program Manager - Infrastructure
About The Team
Slack is seeking an experienced Technical Program Manager to drive initiatives for Slack’s Core Infrastructure Team. We rapidly iterate and work closely with other teams in engineering to ensure we build resilient systems that can scale. We have a strong commitment to quality and understand that simplicity and reliability should be primary aspects of the systems we build. We are ambitious, independent, and pragmatic.
Our organization needs your help to drive portfolio sized cross functional Infrastructure Engineering programs from scoping through delivery while ensuring that work is well understood, resourced appropriately and is executed successfully across multiple departments.
You will use your strategic thinking skills to drive successful long term plans while working on multiple, highly-detailed and technically complex projects. As Slack grows, it is critical that you develop methods that help the team get their work done effectively. You will lead process improvement through the diligent analysis of metrics and evaluation of alternatives.
Should be available to work 10:00am-6:00pmPST at times to collaborate with global teams.
What You Will Be Doing
- Partner with pillar engineering directors, product management and leadership team members to develop roadmaps and drive program execution for Core Infrastructure
- Model and deliver process improvements for cross-functional teams
- Assess technical, product and business impacts for company goals and translate them to departmental strategies
- Build and maintain timelines, role & responsibility matrices, project plans and trackers, and communication artifacts to ensure everyone is operating from the most recent and accurate information
- Increase developer efficiency through process improvements, high value meeting design and execution and estimation improvements
What You Should Have
- At least 8+ years leading planning, resource management, project lifecycles, and workflows in a highly technical, dynamic, engineering environment
- You thrive in the unknown; with a passion to dig into details, structure what needs to be done and adeptly communicate at multiple leadership levels.
- 3+ years of software engineering, systems engineering or technical product/program management experience.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, with sufficient level of technical capability to effectively communicate with engineers, scope technical projects, and identify technical risks
- The technical acumen to understand and influence decisions made on architecture and implementation by the engineering teams.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills, and experience leading activities across multiple teams
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills with a history of hands-on, detail orientation.
- Demonstrated track record of delivering complex projects and programs with cross-functional teams with little direct guidance
- Proven track record of delivering complex projects and programs.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or Engineering, or three years of equivalent training, fellowship, or work experience.
- Software development background
- You can draw from your experience of working at a company that scaled quickly
- Experience in leading teams through goal setting and OKRs
Slack is the collaboration hub of choice for companies of all sizes, all across the world. By using Slack, they ensure that the right people are always in the loop, that key information is always at their fingertips, and new team members can get up to speed easily. With Slack, teams are better connected.
Launched in February 2014, Slack is the fastest growing business application ever and is used by thousands of teams and millions of users every day. We currently have nine offices worldwide, in San Francisco, Vancouver, Dublin, Melbourne, New York, London, Tokyo, Toronto and Denver.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack's values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.
For Colorado-based roles: Minimum annual salary of $147,500. You may also be entitled to receive bonus, restricted stock units, and benefits.
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form .
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com or Salesforce.org .
Salesforce welcomes all.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Salesforce will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
12% Off All Orders Hansen’s has everything you need to keep you looking and feeling coastal cool.
12% Off All Orders Hansen's is one of the oldest and largest surf shops in Southern California. With over 55 years doing business in Encinitas CA we have one of the most recognized names in surf retai
Limited Edition UCE-13 PLUS Water Ionizer in Matte Black 40% Off + 7 FREE Gifts with code: HAPPYTIMES at checkout. Shop Now!
Happy New Year Sale! Lowest Prices Ever! Use code: HAPPYTIMES at checkout for 7 FREE Gifts with purchase of a water ionizer. Shop Now!
38% Off Tyent's ACE-13 Above-Counter Extreme Water Ionizer - Lowest Price Ever! Plus, 7 FREE Gifts with code: HAPPYTIMES at checkout. Shop Now!
35% Off Tyent's NEW UCE-13 PLUS (in Satin Silver) Water Ionizer - Lowest Price Ever! Plus, 7 FREE Gifts with code: HAPPYTIMES at checkout. Shop Now!
34% Off Tyent's H2 Hybrid Ionizer - Lowest Price Ever! Plus, 7 FREE Gifts with code: HAPPYTIMES at checkout. Shop Now!
33% Off Tyent's EDGE-9 Turbo Water Ionizer - Lowest Price Ever! Plus, 7 FREE Gifts with code: HAPPYTIMES at checkout. Shop Now!
Up to 33% Off Tyent's NEW UCE-13 PLUS Water Ionizer + 7 FREE Gifts with code: PRESIDENT22 at checkout. Shop Now!