About the job
THIS IS A LONG TERM CONTRACT POSITION WITH ONE OF THE LARGEST, GLOBAL, TECHNOLOGY LEADER.
Our large, Fortune Technology client is ranked as one of the best companies to work with, in the world. As a global leader in 3D design, engineering, and entertainment software, they foster progressive culture, creativity, and a flexible work environment. They use cutting-edge technologies to keep themselves ahead of the curve. Diversity in all aspects is respected. Integrity, experience, honesty, people, humanity, and passion for excellence are some other adjectives that define this global technology leader.
- Identify and collect automation requirements and plan the best approach to develop and deliver the automation.
- Adopt different automation tools, languages, and methodologies based on the need.
- Be creative by leveraging the technologies and propose more useful solutions for the business problems in terms of automations.
- Explore more deployment, release, service, process, and incident automation practices and improve the overall solution design.
- Take ownership of issues around automated environments and provide end-to-end solutions.
- Summarize, visualize, and communicate the automation benefits in a clear and concise business language.
- Automating IT processes, infrastructure provisioning, integrating different infrastructure servers, etc,
- Bring in more trending technology experiences which scale the team’s capabilities constantly.
- Maintain a good analytical mindset for problem-solving under stress and time pressure.
- Contribute to defining standards and best practices of automation across various methodologies adopted.
- 6+ years of proven experience in Automation development and deployment, maintenance, and DevOps.
- Strong scripting experience in Python, PowerShell, and Shell scripting in production automation development and deployment. Familiarity with other scripting and programming language is a plus.
- Understanding of DevOps process and Agile development cycle with Continuous Integration / Delivery (CI/CD). Experience with CI/CD platforms is a plus. AWS CI CD knowledge would be a plus.
- Hands-on knowledge in the Automation of administration activities through Ansible, Chef, Puppet or any similar orchestration engines is mandatory.
- Very good experience on REST APIs, dealing with. JSON, .yaml config files are mandatory.
- Exposure to AWS Public cloud services is mandatory. Hands-on automation development in the cloud will be a plus.
- Working knowledge in Docker containers and the Kubernetes environment will be a plus.
- Hands-on experience in System and network automation via configuration management tools.
- Cross-platform experience is mandatory. (Windows, Linus server platforms)
- Have good verbal communication skills (English) in both technical and non-technical communications.
- Have good experience creating design documents (HLD, LLD) diagrams (Vision), and presentations (PPT).
- Exposure to Enterprise operations will be an added advantage